Where to connect Lezyne light to Haibike Allmtn 7

BadgerHun7er

Jan 1, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Hi Guys, I need some help please. I have just bought a Lezyne E-bike light for my Allmtn 7 after Haibike Germany told me it was compatible. It may only be 1000lumens but I have a powerful helmet light too and for roads and local rides this is fine. My problem is where to find the connecter block? I have removed the grills on the front of the headtube and looked inside and can't see the loose connector ready to connect the lights. This is info I was given from the store that I bought the bike from. Do I need to remove the motor from the frame?

Rob
1610735100468.png

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Is your bike Yamaha powered?
If so if it's the same as my previous 2 bikes, you also need to buy an adaptor lead that you add to the light's lead and enables you to plug into the bike's loom.
The loom plug for the lights has a white and pink wire, but you'll probably need to drop the motor to find it.
You can normally find the adaptor loom on eBay. Obviously you'll also need a couple of electrical connectors.
Then be careful to connect pos and neg correctly!

Screenshot_20210115-191424.png
Screenshot_20210115-191146.png

Last edited:

BadgerHun7er

Jan 1, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Thanks Jackware, I already have a few connectors that the shop gave me when I picked up the bike as I told them what I was planning to do. The Allmtn 7 has the Yamaha PWX-2 motor so I don't know if the wiring harness is the same. There is very little info out there on the web but when looking at manufacturer specs for lights etc the PWX and PWX-2 do seem to differ. Has anyone tried to connect a light directly to the Yamaha PWX-2 wiring loom on the Allmtn7?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Thanks Jackware, I already have a few connectors that the shop gave me when I picked up the bike as I told them what I was planning to do. The Allmtn 7 has the Yamaha PWX-2 motor so I don't know if the wiring harness is the same. There is very little info out there on the web but when looking at manufacturer specs for lights etc the PWX and PWX-2 do seem to differ. Has anyone tried to connect a light directly to the Yamaha PWX-2 wiring loom on the Allmtn7?

Yes my 2020 Allmtn2 has the PW-X2 motor and I've added the 500lm version of your light to it exactly as described.

The only difference is that as my battery is external I have a lot more room inside the frame for wiring.

Joepose

Dec 5, 2020
Forest of Dean
Did you manage to fit your light after? I bought the same Lezyne but cant see how to drop the motor to get at the wiring?
Seems there are only 2 bolts that Ive undone but the motor isnt budging still.
Any one have a clue how to go about this please.
Thanks

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
There are 2 large obvious bolts but also 2 smaller bolts, one behind the chainring that I cut an old Allen down to access and one on the opposite side to the rear large bolt

BadgerHun7er

Jan 1, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Not yet Joe, I can't get the battery out, it has never come out since I bought the bike. I am inclined to take the bike and light to the shop and ask them to fit it as well as sorting the battery out.

Joepose

Dec 5, 2020
Forest of Dean
Managed to get mined wired up finally.
Battery is tricky to get out, its kind of pull the battery and slowly turn the key left to right. you will feel it drop at some point.
Fairly easy to run the cable through and ended up soldering mine to the small link cable and used a bit of shrink tube to seal it all.
Light works a treat off the switch but the brake and gear cables are right in the way so need to re-look at the mounting. The one that comes with the light is not good, its a flimsy plastic bracket that flexes as you try and tighten the fixing bolts.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Agreed, it's difficult to tighten the mounting screws without the bracket moving. I think the trick is to square up the bracket then tighten the centre screw before carefully and gradually tightening the stem bolts.
Once it's on and tightened up it's fine.

Joepose

Dec 5, 2020
Forest of Dean
Yeah did all that but you cant tighten the stem bars without the silly bracket arms moving? As the bracket is plastic you cant add a lot of torque before breaking it. Poor design so going to come up with something else here.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
The mounting isn't that weak, the instructions say tighten the stem bolts to their normal torque.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles