Levo Gen 2 Where to buy a rockguard for gen 2 battery

Manxbiker

Jul 20, 2020
Isle of man
I've damaged mine and looking to replace to plastic rockguard on my 2020 levo, anyone know where to get one online, found one place selling them for £55 ? surely they must be cheaper than that?

IMG_20201006_162235.jpg

PaloEMTB

Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
I am planing to make much beefier version of original one with much thicker walls.
It will not be cheaper than original, it will not be mass produced but price will be reasonable.
In most places wall thickness will be apx. 4-5 times bigger.
3D printed from nylon on professional industrial HP printer.
I will test prototype next week.
Screw and thread insert must be taken from from original RG

Would anyone be interested ?

Manxbiker

Jul 20, 2020
Isle of man
I am planing to make much beefier version of original one with much thicker walls.
It will not be cheaper than original, it will not be mass produced but price will be reasonable.

I'd be interested depending on the price ?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I have another idea, on the exposed side of original rockguard I will try to apply a coat of polyurea. Then it should withstand much greater impacts without breaking.

silverstone

May 20, 2019
Switzerland

Are you willing to share your design?
I have some Nylon filament and a 3d printer at home... I'd also have the cad software at home, but I dont have the time to redesign the hole rockguard.
I am already at my 3rd original specialized rockguard!

PaloEMTB

Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
Are you willing to share your design?
I have some Nylon filament and a 3d printer at home... I'd also have the cad software at home, but I dont have the time to redesign the hole rockguard.
I am already at my 3rd original specialized rockguard!

I invested my time and money for 3D scanning.
I will not share it for free, hope you understand.
And FDM printing isn't good enough for this application in my opinion. Maybe I will have good price on it and you can buy it if your RG fail again.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Rather than redesigning the Specialized rock guard why not buy a metal bash plate from the likes of Berkshire cycles for £55?

Had my bash plate for a year and its taken numerous whacks on rocks, fallen trees etc.. and the rock guard underneath it is still perfect

PaloEMTB

Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
Rather than redesigning the Specialized rock guard why not buy a metal bash plate from the likes of Berkshire cycles for £55?

Had my bash plate for a year and its taken numerous whacks on rocks, fallen trees etc.. and the rock guard underneath it is still perfect

I don't like additional parts. I like it clean as it was designed. And it is not lowering clearance under bottom bracket.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
I don't like additional parts. I like it clean as it was designed. And it is not lowering clearance under bottom bracket.

The Berkshire Bash guard comes in black or silver (or paint it the colour of your bike) and is 5mm thick, you will hardly notice it on the bike

It will protect the battery and the rock guard much better than a slightly thicker version of the original rock guard, cost less money and less hassle designing etc...

All the plastic or carbon rock guards that have been made for the gen 1 Levo/Kenevo and gen 2 Levo/Kenevo by various companies have still become damaged whilst protecting the battery and then they need replacing at a cost

The Berkshire bash guard protects the battery and rock guard without becoming damaged, its hardly noticeable on the bike and costs £55

Good luck with your design and i hope it works

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Cool. Definitely interested. (y)Could you do some destructive testing preferably with a big rock and video it so we can see... Only joking but it would be good to see how it holds up to hits.

Manxbiker

Jul 20, 2020
Isle of man
I've now got one similar to that but still need the plastic speciliazed one to go under it, palo"s looks good, look forward to seeing how it holds up, hopefully won't need the metal guard

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles