Levo Gen 2 Where to buy shorter Crank Arms. ?

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Anybody know where to buy shorter crank arms in the UK.
Probably 155mm or thereabouts.
My issue is a new knee which has less flexion, it’s often uncomfortable at the top of the pedal stroke.
Moving my foot forward on the pedal helps, but isn’t really the answer.

The Hope ones at £175 are out of my price range.
The Miranda ones seem to be out of stock
Specialized Levo Comp 2019

Any help would be most appreciated
Thank you.

Last edited:

Sean1.0

Aug 2, 2020
Kernowshire
I ride 160mm cranks, great all round including being good for knees.

E*Thirteen make some for Bosch CX G4 and Brose S mag.

google ... eThirteen e-spec Plus crankset Brose S Mag 160mm

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
I ride 160mm cranks, great all round including being good for knees.

E*Thirteen make some for Bosch CX G4 and Brose S mag.

google ... eThirteen e-spec Plus crankset Brose S Mag 160mm

Thanks for that, ideally I would rather they were UK based, I should have made that clear when I posted .. now amended.
I will look at that option if nothing else develops.

Again, many thanks.

Sean1.0

Aug 2, 2020
Kernowshire
Thanks for that, ideally I would rather they were UK based, I should have made that clear when I posted .. now amended.
I will look at that option if nothing else develops.

Again, many thanks.

Not sure what you mean by "UK based" ... not much is manufactured here.You mentioned Merida which isn't UK based.

You can (usually) buy E*Thirteen stuff in the UK... stock may be thin on the ground as with anything that goes on a bike these days.

I'm sure your knees won't mind if you get them from a shop over the channel.

Last edited:

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Not sure what you mean by "UK based" ... not much is manufactured here.You mentioned Merida which isn't UK based.

You can (usually) buy E*Thirteen stuff in the UK... stock may be thin on the ground as with anything that goes on a bike these days.

I'm sure your knees won't mind if you get them from a shop over the channel.
I was looking to source from the UK because of delivery speed ie ahead of the weekend. I will check out non UK options as weekend plans have now changed. Thanks for the suggestion.

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Miranda ships worldwide, with quick service. If they made cranks for the SL I’d probably get some shorter ones to experiment with.
Miranda look to be out of stock, have emailed them about availability but no reply yet.
Thanks

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
This happened with my Miranda Delta 155mm crank while pedalling. I had two pairs of them. One crank broke and one was totally bent by a pedal strike.

IMG_20200918_125433.jpg

Think they are too weak for harder riding.

But Miranda has a good customer service... After checking the broken crank in their quality center they sent a new crank set for free.

SLOTownLevo

Sep 19, 2020
San Luis Obispo
Hi all, I put a set of Miranda 150mm Kappa O‘s on my 2016 Levo. Measured the distance from the frame to the crank arm (Q factor...?) before/after replacing the arms and it’s very similar to stock. I don’t notice the difference in the shorter arms and am enjoying much less pedal strikes. ?

Be well,
Mark.

Randy

Apr 23, 2020
Henley on Thames
I bent one of the 160's on my e-sommet and couldn't find anyone in the uk who could supply. Ended up buying from bike discount.de - delivery was really quick

wrayb

May 9, 2019
North Carolina
I have a set of 150 mm Miranda KAPPA 0 crankarms I would like to sell. Rode them one time and determined they are just too short for me. I am in the United States if anyone is interested in buying these. They cost me $120. I would sell them for $75 (plus shipping).

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles