Shorter crank arms

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
Berkshire Bikes in the UK stocks 152 mm crank arms. Just ordered a set today.
They ship to Vermont for a reasonable price. Very much looking forward to reduced pedal strikes.
please post your impressions of them when you’ve ridden them @sisuman? im still a little nervous going that short! i was going to try 160’s but i haven’t found any yet?

sisuman

Aug 11, 2019
Vermont USA
I don't think you will find them in the USA. Most dealers don't even know its an option here! SRAM is sold out. I wouldn't be too worried about going shorter as many members have done it. Berkshire Bikes stocks the 160 mm units as well. They are ahead of us over there in regard to e-bike knowledge. I love the bike but want to make some upgrades over time. I bought a leftover 2018 Carbon Comp fattie. My regular bike is a Specialized Enduro which I rarely get pedal strikes with. Eventually want to install fox factory fork and shock. Maxxis tires, etc.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
You will feel a slight difference the first couple hundred meters and then you won’t even notice the difference. What you will notice is the lack of pedal strikes! It almost completely got rid of them for me, I now get one strike in every 3 to 5 rides.
You do lose about 1 to 1.5 km/h of the top end but it’s a welcomed sacrifice.

Enjoy!

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I honestly would like a set of 160mm cranks for the Levo I just bought. What are the specs I need in order to buy? what type are they?

Last edited:

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I've had 155 Miranda's on my Merida for a year. Really like them, although if I were doing it again I'd probably go 160's. The only time I notice them being short is grinding up a big climb as well as the lack of pedal strikes.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles