Levo Gen 2 Where to buy a rockguard for gen 2 battery

PaloEMTB

Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
My opinion is that it would break if I hit it with the rock right way. But it was never meant to be indestructible, only better in every possible aspect. Price would be 70€. It is impossible to sell it for 50€ , I looked almost everywhere for the best price.

There is one more option for material PA11 which would probably make it even better as it is more flexible material, like hard rubber. But price is 100€.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
My opinion is that it would break if I hit it with the rock right way. But it was never meant to be indestructible, only better in every possible aspect. Price would be 70€. It is impossible to sell it for 50€ , I looked almost everywhere for the best price.

There is one more option for material PA11 which would probably make it even better as it is more flexible material, like hard rubber. But price is 100€.

Nothing is indestructible. As long as it can take sliding over rocks and roots rather than shattering like the original one that's the important thing. A direct impact with a rock on the bottom of the bike would likely do more damage than just smashing the battery rock guard anyway. Given that that you've beaten it with a hammer it must be pretty strong!

€70 is not much more than the standard one so it seems like a reasonable price to me.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
5241F903-96D0-4022-9C0C-7A6319D32A1E.jpeg

Was a bit of a faff instaling as the battery’s thread sinks in frame but with persistence once the nut catches it tightens up nicely . The water release hole doesn’t matchup but that doesn’t really matter !

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I think it looks great as well. Would it be possible for the handle cut out to be removed. I have found it to be a weak point and it's not entirely necessary as the battery can still be removed with it filled in as it is on my home modified rock guard. I have fibre glassed a thin sheet of aluminum over the lower part with the handle cut out. It isn't pretty but it works.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Also good idea with the drain holes although I think they will quickly become blocked with dirt.

I can see why you aren't putting the Specialized logo on it. I agree with @Johnsok77 that it doesn't need the S. It would look better without any logo at all.

PaloEMTB

Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
I think it looks great as well. Would it be possible for the handle cut out to be removed. I have found it to be a weak point and it's not entirely necessary as the battery can still be removed with it filled in as it is on my home modified rock guard. I have fibre glassed a thin sheet of aluminum over the lower part with the handle cut out. It isn't pretty but it works.

It could be removed, but I will probably leave it there.

Johnsok77

Jul 3, 2020
Brussels
Do you want to pre-order ? Will be available in the middle of November.
Please!
I’m based in Belgium, and my current guard has a couple of cracks in.
I asked my local store to order one 2 months ago, but nothing!
I’ve followed the development of this, and would like to take one
I’ve got a 2019 S-Works

PaloEMTB

Oct 7, 2020
Slovakia
Please!
I’m based in Belgium, and my current guard has a couple of cracks in.
I asked my local store to order one 2 months ago, but nothing!
I’ve followed the development of this, and would like to take one
I’ve got a 2019 S-Works

Ok, I will open it for pre-order. In few minutes you can order it ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles