Levo Gen 3 Wheel won't spin after cassette install

Thumper33

Sep 29, 2022
Denver, CO
I'm installing the transmission cassette and derailleur on a gen3 levo. I've rechecked the install several times and can't figure out what I've done wrong.

When I tighten the axle down the wheel won't turn because the cassette is bound against the derailleur. It looks to me like the spacer needs to stick out more to accomplish this, but I don't think I lost any spacers or anything. It should stick out more than that though right?

20230826_203136.jpg

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Looks like the cassette is not properly seated on the freehub because the endcap should stick out more. Got any better photos?

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
To me that does not look like the cassette is properly seated on the freehub body.

Remove the cassette from the body and when you put it back on turn it a little bit until you feel it seating properly, and then you can start to thread it on.

Thumper33

Sep 29, 2022
Denver, CO
Took it to the shop and indeed they had crossthreaded the cassette so it didn't seat. That's frustrating since i was going to do it myself but wanted to make sure it was done right. They said they were able to chase the threads and everything looked good, though I'm certainly going to make a note to bring it back if I ever have an issue w that cassette. It wasn't cheap.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
This is why I do my own work as much as possible. The shop may have more experience but I care about my bike more and will take as much time as needed to get it right. Anyway, glad you got it sorted out. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles