What Knee and shin pads come in man sizes???

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
My wife recently bought me a pair of Endura Single track knee and shin pads in L/XL size which is the exact style of pad I was after but they are too small.
Single Track

The pads themselves are fine but the straps are too small for big thighs and calf.

What else is out there in mans sizes? Preferable ones you can put on without taking shoes off.

FSEngineer

Jul 14, 2020
Kent
I use RaceFace Ambush pads in XXL, they're snug on the calf muscles but perfect otherwise. 6'4" with tree trunks for reference.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I use RaceFace Ambush pads in XXL, they're snug on the calf muscles but perfect otherwise. 6'4" with tree trunks for reference.
Out of interest do they have padding on the inside like the fox racing launch? Saw some reviews about kpact not having and he felt every blow but didn’t on the Fox...

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi,

I also have the "rugby leg" syndrome and have struggled with knee pads over the years. I have recently bought Troy Lee Designs "T-Bone" pads in XXL
I know it sounds massive, but they have velcro straps to get the right snugness. However, you will have to put them on before you put your shoes on!!

I recommend these

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I’m a 42 calf and my lower thigh was 41 which is plain weird given the calf is a fair bit under when you check sizing guides! Kpact XL are hopelessly small

FSEngineer

Jul 14, 2020
Kent
Out of interest do they have padding on the inside like the fox racing launch? Saw some reviews about kpact not having and he felt every blow but didn’t on the Fox...
Hmm, not sure what you mean exactly but they do have a couple of padded sections on the inside and outside of the knee as well as the main d3o pad. They're lined with a towelling material and they're pretty damn comfy on the bike, worn them for 3 hours on the trot without any notable discomfort (not crashed in them yet though)

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
here’s what I mean about internal padding, if you have none then you just have lining so your not direct against the pad but seems you’ll feel the impact more than the Fox ones he recommends. Here he says the kpact only have a liner which I can confirm so now I’m after padding inside too

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Keep in mind that K Pact sizes are quite small. I'm using for bike park riding L size pads and still tight straps and for enduro riding POC's size M, which is right size for me.
IXS pads are also sized very small.
The best thing is to go your local bike shop and test different pads.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Keep in mind that K Pact sizes are quite small. I'm using for bike park riding L size pads and still tight straps and for enduro riding POC's size M, which is right size for me.
IXS pads are also sized very small.
The best thing is to go your local bike shop and test different pads.

Nice idea but I don’t really have any decent near me stocking various

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles