What FS E-bike for 4000-5000 euro? Anything better than Cube 140?

sigg

Jul 1, 2020
Poland
Hi,

I'm planning on buying a FS bike that would be good for forest roads with roots, flat single tracks and maybe occasional trip to some hilly areas.

My sight is set on Cube 140 HPC SL but I began wondering if there is anything to get at this price point?

3 things I need on the bike are:
good for a heavy rider
minimum 625w battery
rear shock with regulation feature

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
Hi,

I'm planning on buying a FS bike that would be good for forest roads with roots, flat single tracks and maybe occasional trip to some hilly areas.

My sight is set on Cube 140 HPC SL but I began wondering if there is anything to get at this price point?

3 things I need on the bike are:
good for a heavy rider
minimum 625w battery
rear shock with regulation feature

Any suggestions?
A Rail 5 or maybe a 7 is well worth a coat of looking at.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
For me, I would avoid Carbon and I would go with Bosch or Brose for the motor. How the bike rides is more important than group set specs given that most kit works pretty well and you can always upgrade, so a lot depends how much you would value capability beyond trail riding into Enduro or maybe bike park. After the Levo which is probably too expensive for your budget I would go for Whyte.

Jimex

Jun 9, 2020
UK
Haibike allmtn 3 or 3.5 if you can find one. Decent spec, bosch gen 4. Built like a tank.

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
I really like my Orbea Wild FS H30. More so than my Giant Reign E+1. Even though all the components are a level down on the Orbea, function wise I couldn’t tell the difference. Ride wise the Orbea is better

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I really like my Orbea Wild FS H30. More so than my Giant Reign E+1. Even though all the components are a level down on the Orbea, function wise I couldn’t tell the difference. Ride wise the Orbea is better
I've just ordered a new Orbea Wild FS H20 for less than £4000.00. Very good spec and great reviews. The components are a little higher spec than the H30.

Al

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
Good choice. My first option was H10. But couldn’t get any as everywhere sold out and I didn’t want to wait a couple months to get it. The only one they had in stock was H30. Now I’ve ridden it for 3 months, I didn’t regret the purchase. The only thing I would love is to get 625wh battery.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Good choice. My first option was H10. But couldn’t get any as everywhere sold out and I didn’t want to wait a couple months to get it. The only one they had in stock was H30. Now I’ve ridden it for 3 months, I didn’t regret the purchase. The only thing I would love is to get 625wh battery.
I ride mainly at the Forest of Dean and around the Cotswolds but I don't really do long distances more downhill and singletrack. I've always managed with 500W battery and not come anywhere close to running it down but then I am old and my battery always runs out before the bikes. To be fair I am beginning to notice an increase in the number of loops I do and as a consequence my stamina has improved.

With the Orbea Wild FS it's possible to combine batteries by adding one externally and you get the total power e.g. 2 x 500, 625 +500 etc. but you lose the bottle cage. This seems a small price to pay for this sort of flexibility.

Al

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Thanks, but any models in particular? I know of the different brands available but I'm not sure which models are considered good value for money (I don't know the specific parts).

They got a few each, check their website and pick what you like

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles