What Bike to buy....budget €4000

Pol

Nov 15, 2018
Dublin
Hello , I am looking for a e bike full suspension. Here in Dublin I am able to get most makes but some brands like Giant and Lapierre have a better dealer network than other brands, there is also online canyon and chain reaction but am I better going for a bike Giant or Lappaire because of the dealer network..

Pol

Nov 15, 2018
Dublin
Vitus seems a great bike but have never bought a bike online and am wondering about the new Giant which has a good network of shops here...

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I bought a vitus a few years ago after chain reaction told me that so long as I didn't use it they'll pick it up for £15 , so I didn't hesitate buying e sommet.
mate's played safe buying local and all specialized (2 levos,1 kinevo)have had new motors eventually after being pissed about.
Another has an orange e but it has same motor and a bit more bling, that's it...
I've got a Santa Cruz hekler and an Ellsworth rogue I built up mesen but e sommet is my go-to bike

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Vitus seems a great bike but have never bought a bike online and am wondering about the new Giant which has a good network of shops here...
If you are worried about service but want to buy online for the obvious savings then a Shimano powered bike is probably the best option - their model is to do any servicing direct rather than via the original retailer, so you should be able to take the motor into any bike shop or send it direct to Shimano if the anything happens. Having said that I personally like the looks, spec and tracel the new Giant Trance E+ models; at present I would choose one of those over the longer, lower and slacker Vitus which is a full on Enduro machine (and much more bike than my skills and local terrain require).

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you are worried about service but want to buy online for the obvious savings then a Shimano powered bike is probably the best option - their model is to do any servicing direct rather than via the original retailer, so you should be able to take the motor into any bike shop or send it direct to Shimano if the anything happens
Except your warranty is with CRC. Not Shimano. And that's not CRCs warranty procedure.

To be fair though it's not too far to just drive to CRC to return the bike for any major warranty issues for @Pol

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles