What did you buy your ebike this week?

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Hopefully this stops me pick flatting right on the bead on the rocky trails here in Christchurch NZ. This is tyre number 3 in 6 months.

288018~800x800.jpg

244550~800x800.jpg

256552~800x800.jpg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I have a pair of these. I just searched for recommendations & this one came up a few times. So far, so good.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Man. That’s an indicator your tire pressure is too low. 🤦‍♂️
Trust me. It aint. Ive had it pumped up solid and the lava rocks here in the trails cause lots of dings and sharp hits. With ebikes being so heavy and long too- they tend to slam into obstacles more being not as easy to un weight the rear. Ive ridden bikes since the 90's and never had this amount of issues.

Last edited:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
A new mount fot my kiox display so i can use my sp connect and a charge cable so i can charge my phone.
And a ultrasonic cleaner to easy clean my chain and sprockets while i can do other stuff
20221104_150114.jpg
20221104_150918.jpg
20221104_150152.jpg

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Trust me. It aint. Ive had it pumped up solid and the lava rocks here in the trails cause lots of dings and sharp hits. With ebikes being so heavy and long too- they tend to slam into obstacles more being not as easy to un weight the rear. Ive ridden bikes since the 90's and never had this amount of issues.
I hear that! We've got a few trails around here with lava rock. That shit will tear a tire up.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Nice to see a before and after on that ultrasonic cleaner been thinking of getting one for ages.
It works fantastic! Chain an sprockets come out very clean.
I poor some hot water in there so the machine doesn't have to go from cold to hot water. Works alot faster then.
Poor a little of dishwashing liquid and my chain is clean in 5-10 min.
I do this every 3-4 rides when I rotate my chain

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Last edited:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
hey what is an 'ebike lock' (as seen on your handlebars)? OEM or aftermarket and how does it work? TY!
It's a lock feature that the kiox has. When activated in the bosch app my motor and my 2 bosch powertubes both gets locked when the kiox is removed from the bike and can't be activated with a different kiox

CannonFodder

Jul 5, 2022
N. Ireland
Well I have got a bit carried away with purchasing bits for my eMTB :rolleyes:

Ordered a VolSpeed V4 - should be here Thursday providing they don't get too excited in NI down tonight!

Ordered a SKS Mudhugger - Should be here in about a week apparently.

Then tonight I popped onto CRC,,,,what was I thinking,,,all I had to do was spend £75 on clearance items and I get £10 off,,,how did I get over £100 for frig sake;

I can blame @shockwave for this;

Then a Torque Wrench would be a good idea wouldn't it, to be fair I have been planning on buying a low torque wrench for a while;

Ohh maybe it would be good to be able to split the chain;

Gonna try this bottle holder, not sure if I have the room on the Moterra but if not I will find a home for it somewhere, RED ones are always the fastest, aren't they?

I like gadgets so one of these was a must;

No idea what I am going to do with this either, but I am good to go when I figure out this suspension malarkey;

Right I need to go and lie down and stay away from biking websites for a while 🤑

Ok I have mentioned I was less than impressed with the shift change with SRAM SX so I purchased this from a forum member;

Hopefully moving from the lowest just barely capable SRAM offering to the highest in the range I will feel an improvement 👌

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have a pair of these. I just searched for recommendations & this one came up a few times. So far, so good.

Vernier calipers are great, I have had a non-digital pair for decades. I cannot use them on brake discs though. Why not?
If there is a lip on the outer edge (because the pads don't rub there), then the vernier jaws will not read past the lip.

You will need a G type micrometer, like this one.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Vernier calipers are great, I have had a non-digital pair for decades. I cannot use them on brake discs though. Why not?
If there is a lip on the outer edge (because the pads don't rub there), then the vernier jaws will not read past the lip.

You will need a G type micrometer, like this one.
I also use Moore and Wright calipers but plastic analogue ones. If I'm measuring something with a lip I just use a spacer then subtract that from the reading. Have a micrometer somewhere in the garage, but just don't ask me where.
leggit.gif

EnduroDad2k

Aug 19, 2021
Oakland, CA US
How does 170mm ride? Isn't the bike super long now?

That was my primary concern, however going from 150-170 didn't have a big impact on handling. Whilst the front end feels a bit lighter during steep climbs, it's a very subtle change. However downhill performance improved considerably by slackening the geometry, it's more stable and takes hard impacts much better.

But all that said, most of the improvement comes from upgrading an entry-level fork to a mid-range model.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles