What did you buy your ebike this week?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Sexy new chainring. 1700 miles on the original, pretty worn eh?

e2_hsaDv.jpg
HpXvbbXj.jpg

Last edited:

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
The gen 2 Airpods Pro mostly eliminated the noise in the original version.
Ive got Pro 2's and every review I have read says the Pro 2 are worse than Pro 1 for wind noise.

To be honest with you the Pro2 whilst amazing for most things are nearly unuseable due to wind noise outside from walking, running and cycling.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I have both, and have gone out with the gen 1 a couple times, and that's the opposite of my experience. I have no wind noise issues when biking with the gen 2, and a bit with the originals. I'm totally confused by your statement "outside from walking, running and cycling." So what else is there? You wearing these to skydive or something? I use them when traveling (so I'm walking or in an airplane) and for biking. They do both really well.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I have both, and have gone out with the gen 1 a couple times, and that's the opposite of my experience. I have no wind noise issues when biking with the gen 2, and a bit with the originals. I'm totally confused by your statement "outside from walking, running and cycling." So what else is there? You wearing these to skydive or something? I use them when traveling (so I'm walking or in an airplane) and for biking. They do both really well.
Skate boarding, roller blading? Thats not the issue though. What mode are you using when cycling that has no wind noise?

As I said they do most things really well but riding downhill trails or through the city at 20mph plus in transparency mode is just full of wind noise. Thankfully the dropframe cuts a LOT of that out.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Oh, yeah, transparency should be noisy for sure. I'm always in noise cancellation, except when I stop and want to talk to riding buddies.

First world problem: Why don't they have one button to BOTH pause music and go into transparency?

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Well, this first bike stand in the pic sucked. Took it out if the box, put bike in it and it almost tipped over sideways so I slid it right back in to box and sent it back. The next pic is another one I just ordered. We’ll give this one a shot when it comes. It’s their welded version hence the higher price tag.

2BEBB91A-733C-4334-9311-C25AD4B54E8B.jpeg EA237E0F-5E3A-4723-83F6-B8979C5A05A5.jpeg

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Well, this first bike stand in the pic sucked. Took it out if the box, put bike in it and it almost tipped over sideways so I slid it right back in to box and sent it back. The next pic is another one I just ordered. We’ll give this one a shot when it comes. It’s their welded version hence the higher price tag.

View attachment 107565 View attachment 107566
Have the same Willworx stands, no issues.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
I have the cheaper Willworx stand and it works great. I'm about to buy another.
Ya, I can't believe that first one I bought in the pic by "Bikehand" had over 4300 ratings. I think these Chinese companies have their ratings somehow padded up. If you look at how narrow that back support is there is no way it can support a 60 lb bike from falling over sideways! Here is what that $60 Bikehand stand would work well with IMO . . .

th-370444800.jpeg

Last edited:

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Does anyone know a good wall mount cos I'm turning my spare room into a more secure bike storage/workshop than my shed and to save space I would quite like to store my three bikes vertically. (Only one ebike currently but my housemate might get one)

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Does anyone know a good wall mount cos I'm turning my spare room into a more secure bike storage/workshop than my shed and to save space I would quite like to store my three bikes vertically. (Only one ebike currently but my housemate might get one)

I've got a one of these, they come in different sizes depending on tyre width. Been using for it over three years now, can't fault it.

Last edited:

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
I've got a one of these, the come in different sizes depending on tyre width. Been using for it over three years now, can't fault it.

Fantastic thank you, I had a quick look elsewhere and that keeps popping up

RichT

2022 Specialized Tero 5.0 upgrades:

This week: GX Eagle AXS Upgrade Kit - GS-GX-1E-A1 - SRAM (I was on the fence at $633 but my LBS got it for me for around $450) and this: PG-1230 Eagle Cassette - CS-PG-1230-A1 - SRAM, to go with a Praxis 44T chainring. The cassette will give me back my original 1st gear ratio (50t cog and 44T chain ring are almost identical to the orig. 42 and 36), while the 44T ring gives me a 5mph bump in top speed so I can now pedal at over 30mph at a reasonable cadence while still retaining the OE climbing ratios.
48DA40F8-F146-46A0-9222-095EEF2E26BE.jpeg
E8383625-8E99-4CF6-BF53-EAF61316D982.jpeg
Also these Grip Stuby® and I’m quite pleased with them. I wasn’t sure about the one-piece design since it doesnt allow adjusting the vertical and horizontal independently but its working out quite well. 45E110FE-FD5D-4E7B-A5BC-7E042A03CADB.jpeg

Last edited:

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
This week... A pair of Hunt Trail Wide wheels.

I'd been eyeing up new wheels for a while but the decision making process was cut short when the rear wheel decided to eat the rear mech.

Little bit disappointed that they weight 150g more than advertised.

1831g on the website, 1974g in the real world which has left me fairly unimpressed.

I'd also been considering a pair of 28h ex511s on 240s that I'd seen on ebay but wanted to go lighter. Feel a bit silly now as I'd have a far better wheelset for not much more money at the same weight.

To be fair, if the Internet is to be believed the Hunts will bend themselves around the first rock I find so maybe I'll end up with the DT Swiss set after all 🤣

Rear (no valve or Lockring)
20230224_151253.jpg

Front (no valve or Lockring)
20230224_151313.jpg

Despite being heavier than advertised I've still saved about 250g on the standard wheelset (RaceFace ARC30 on Shimano MT510s) and mostly from the rear wheel so I guess it's still an upgrade. Just not quite the 400g saving that it should have been.

Second disappointment was the tubeless tape. It was bubbled up all the way round the rim and the last few inches had lifted off the rim. I was tempted to return them but I've left them with tubes in for this evening to hopefully stick it to the rim properly.

Next day delivery was brilliant though. Ordered at about 13:00 yesterday and delivered today at 11am.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have just built an Ex511 rim on Acros rear hub & weighs same weight & hub is 240g which isn’t heavy with Sapim race spokes

Last edited:

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
What do they weight without the tape on?

As it happens, I stripped the tape off mine and re-taped.
Didn't remove the tape but it's usually 5-7g per wheel? Definitely not 75g per wheel.

It doesn't feel as thick as Stans and thats about 5g per wheel I think.

I'll pull the tyres and tubes tomorrow and if its still not stuck, I'll pull it off and weigh them without.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
An I9 Enduro S w/Hydra hub rear . It arrived and seems high quality so now just waiting on a magnet that will hopefully work

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Fantastic thank you, I had a quick look elsewhere and that keeps popping up
For sure that Steadyrack. When I took my bike to RideWrap in Santa Cruz, they had a wall full of them & the guy spoke very highly of how well they worked. He said though, to double check your measurements. They had them mounted higher up than you could roll the bike in, which would not work for an E. Also, whether you use a front fender matters. The Fox front fender fits the standard MTB rack, but others might not.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Got (for a very small fee) a freshly serviced set of (2022) Factory 36, 160mm, Grip 2 from a friend who sold his bike and didn't want them for his new ride. Will go nicely on the Levo. Also picked up a set of OneUp carbon bars to try.

View attachment 107697
I've got those bars on my hardtail. They're excellent.

I want some for my Rise but can't decide whether I want the higher rise bars this time. Its an expensive experiment if I don't like them 🤣

Last edited:

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
New noggin protection (the Bell I had was probably still fine, but it's one area that's probably good to stay current on and this one is so light):

PXL_20230226_184642922.MP.jpg

And, OneUp EDC pump and tool. Since my Rail doesn't have water bottle bosses, this will slide into my pack for MTB riding but I'll also mount to he water bottle bracket on my acoustic road bike so it will fit both purposes.

PXL_20230223_013209876.MP.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles