What did you buy your ebike this week?

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Update on post # 4118

Willworx Superstand Extreme 1-Bicycle Stand - 18000​

Arrived quickly. Solid build. All welded (hence the higher price) for shipping only the upright loop was not attached, but it snaps into place with just two built in push buttons. Still, was somewhat side tippy with my 60 lb emtb. Has rubber feet, but still would slide out and start to tip on my cement basement floor. Also has a real nice glossy silver and black stippled finish.

I was going to return it, but then got the idea to mount it with 4 pipe clamps to a piece of plywood.
That fixed it! . . . rock solid now. I just have to swap out the regular nuts I used for Nylocks and it will be good for many years.

IMG_9304.jpeg IMG_9310.jpeg IMG_9311.jpeg

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Update on post # 4118

Willworx Superstand Extreme 1-Bicycle Stand - 18000​

Arrived quickly. Solid build. All welded (hence the higher price) for shipping only the upright loop was not attached, but it snaps into place with just two built in push buttons. Still, was somewhat side tippy with my 60 lb emtb. Has rubber feet, but still would slide out and start to tip on my cement basement floor. Also has a real nice glossy silver and black stippled finish.

I was going to return it, but then got he idea to mount it with 4 pipe clamps to a piece of plywood.
That fixed it! . . . rock solid now. I just have to swap out the regular nuts I used for Nylocks and it will be good for many years.

View attachment 107835 View attachment 107836 View attachment 107837
I have old discarded carpet on the garage floor so no slippage. ;)

Only problem is that if I drop something small (like a pawl*) I sometimes can't find the bugg*r! :LOL:

* 2019 to 2021 Turbo Levo - Which wheelset, Hunt or DT Swiss?

RichT

PNW suspension dropper COAST SUSPENSION DROPPER POST . Had to figure out how to keep from loosing air when I disconnected the pump, but after I did that and set it to 300psi (max per PNW) I found I like it. The suspension action is good, dropper works just like the TranzX OE dropper, but it does sag a little under my weight when just sitting, which is shouldn’t. I suspect its me, not the post since I weigh 235. For a 190lb rider it would probably be perfect. I’ll experiment with going over 300psi a bit, but overall I’m happy with it and looking forward to saving whats left of my lumbar spine.
7F53638B-5051-451D-A914-75DEE009FC51.jpeg

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I'm a nerd so I had to get a new 23' Zebbediah Springfield with the cupcakes for the bullit. Have some matchy slik decals coming in lavender but may just throw the psychedelic spares I already have on there to see how they look. I also got the e-storia rear coil rebuilt but that hasn't showed up yet.

Almost ready for spring!

20230302_122302.jpg
20230302_122307.jpg
20230302_123431.jpg
20230302_123138.jpg

D

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I'm a nerd so I had to get a new 23' Zebbediah Springfield with the cupcakes for the bullit. Have some matchy slik decals coming in lavender but may just throw the psychedelic spares I already have on there to see how they look. I also got the e-storia rear coil rebuilt but that hasn't showed up yet.

Almost ready for spring!

View attachment 108179

What I want to know is, where did you get the 4 post lift for the toy Bronco?

I neeed one.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
As much as I hate bells, I'm begrudgingly stepping aboard the bandwagon. On tight uphill singletracks, encountering out of control downhillers is a concern. On the downhills, I'm concerned about encountering oblivious hikers and unskilled mountain bikers floundering in the middle of the trails.

A few months ago a chance encounter on the trail with a friendly lady resulted in my being gifted one of those cheap bells that attaches to the bars with nylon webbing and velcro. It was ok, but I could never silence it when it wasn't needed. Next I got a Granite Cricket bell, but it barely worked. My bike was louder than the bell.

Today I was in a shop and they did me a solid. I paid a nominal amount for their services, but felt obligated to buy something. I found this on the shelf. It's loud. The switch is solid. I've yet to ride with it, but I'm optimistic.

69948168710__7F585323-367A-4E06-B8A0-5E3CA9345BC4.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
As much as I hate bells, I'm begrudgingly stepping aboard the bandwagon. On tight uphill singletracks, encountering out of control downhillers is a concern. On the downhills, I'm concerned about encountering oblivious hikers and unskilled mountain bikers floundering in the middle of the trails.

A few months ago a chance encounter on the trail with a friendly lady resulted in my being gifted one of those cheap bells that attaches to the bars with nylon webbing and velcro. It was ok, but I could never silence it when it wasn't needed. Next I got a Granite Cricket bell, but it barely worked. My bike was louder than the bell.

Today I was in a shop and they did me a solid. I paid a nominal amount for their services, but felt obligated to buy something. I found this on the shelf. It's loud. The switch is solid. I've yet to ride with it, but I'm optimistic.

View attachment 108205
I have my "Send It" bell on my bikes, the deluxe "Oi" bell from Knog is awesome.
1677841231700.png

Jan 26, 2023
England

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Another big spending week. £20 on Amazon. I've ditched the bladder - no one likes sweaty back water - for a load of tools & spares. It even comes with a whistle built into the clasp, which should help with attracting help after my next WATCH THIS moment.

IMG_20230303_114227832.jpg

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA

View attachment 108205
I've had that bell for some time, works great. DO they make a larger size mount one now? Mine is stretched on my MTB...

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I've had that bell for some time, works great. DO they make a larger size mount one now? Mine is stretched on my MTB...

It's funny you ask. When I got home, I was disappointed that it didn't fit my fat bars. I found a longer screw, cut it to length, and now the bell fits fine. Looking on Amazon, it appears that the newest models are a bit bigger.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
It's funny you ask. When I got home, I was disappointed that it didn't fit my fat bars. I found a longer screw, cut it to length, and now the bell fits fine. Looking on Amazon, it appears that the newest models are a bit bigger.
20220803_152810.jpg

I've got the lookalike from aliexpress for 4 euros. Has all the adapters for bars and rubbers for antislip.
Works pretty good to and it still works fine after 6 months of use

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom

Someone dissuade me

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

View attachment 108205
I have had one of those for a few years.
I find it works well because it is not loud or agressive and therefore does not offend walkers when it is switched on, but it sounds so different to any other bike bells that they tend to stop and look round to see where it is coming from.
I find it works best if it is switched on when I am some way behind the walkers, and then turn it off as I pass them.
When the bike is not in use it is best to leave the switch in the on position, otherwise it sticks in the off position next time it is used.

RichT

PNW “Coast” suspension dropper (internal routing). Not a lot of cushion but enough (40mm of travel) and for a hardtail (Spesh Tero 5.0) a welcomed addition. Has 120mm drop which isn’t huge but enough for me. On the OE dropper (TranzX) I was using a sprung grandpa seat but now I’m back to the OE saddle and it is definitely a better ride. Also the sprung seat was always bottoming out jarring my lower back. Now I’m hitting the potholes and ruts rather than avoiding them - riding just got a little more fun! Anyone need a lightly used (400 miles) 30.9 mm x 120mm TranzX dropper?
048439DC-BBF2-4960-AEC6-ADF44B4C016C.jpeg A987600E-8DBE-4AC4-A5BB-920F2557669A.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles