What did you buy your ebike this week?

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
New saddle day. Same saddle I use on all my bikes.

51E28419-DEBF-4CDF-A4D2-D8D268407E5C.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I never have yet on any of the these saddle I've had on my bikes. They wear but I have yet to see torn surfaces.
I like the WTB Rocket
WTB Rocket.jpg

But the shoulders tear and I have to repair them. I have tried gaffer tape (don't bother). But the best thing is to use PVA adhesive. Force it under the skin and into the foam; I used a 1/2" paintbrush. Then, using double thread for extra strength, stitch the top and sides together through the PVA. It gets a bit messy, so have a damp cloth handy. Once the stitching is done give a coat of PVA on top of the repaired area and let it dry. It looks appalling, but the adhesive dries clear and leaves a slightly tacky finish. That tackiness disappears after the first ride.
WTB Saddle.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Dannage I used to use Ergon GP2 grips, which are standard Ergon grips but with bar-ends.
1675359418031.png

The Ergon GP2 bar end doesn't look too far away from the Loamlab Counterpunch and will achieve the same objective. I can see that using the Counterpunch instead of an end plug will be cheaper (should be) than a whole GP2. But the reason I gave up using the Ergon GP2 was that the bar end kept snagging on shrubbery and tipping me off the bike. I don't see that the business ends are much different at all, so is this just a relaunched bar-end?

When bar-ends were more popular the claim was that they allowed a variety of hand positions, thus reducing hand and arm fatigue. I never saw any claims that it reduced impact on the little fingers, although it would certainly have done that, given the correct orientation of the shrubbery (like the Counterpunch).

Dannage

May 28, 2022
UK
@Dannage I used to use Ergon GP2 grips, which are standard Ergon grips but with bar-ends.
View attachment 105808
The Ergon GP2 bar end doesn't look too far away from the Loamlab Counterpunch and will achieve the same objective. I can see that using the Counterpunch instead of an end plug will be cheaper (should be) than a whole GP2. But the reason I gave up using the Ergon GP2 was that the bar end kept snagging on shrubbery and tipping me off the bike. I don't see that the business ends are much different at all, so is this just a relaunched bar-end?

When bar-ends were more popular the claim was that they allowed a variety of hand positions, thus reducing hand and arm fatigue. I never saw any claims that it reduced impact on the little fingers, although it would certainly have done that, given the correct orientation of the shrubbery (like the Counterpunch).

The counterpunch is much smaller than the GP2's they are about as long as your knuckles. Can see it fitted in the pics on their site - LoamLab Components – Counterpunch

I got them to try as I like my wide bars but keep clipping trees. No harm in trying anyway.

Maxi

Oct 5, 2021
Cumbria
A Kiox upgrade to my Bosch Purion display as (a) provides useful data on power used, (b) allows for simple navigation and (c) because my Purion is knacked and the display doesn't work ! I don't fancy being out for a ride not knowing how much battery is left !
Took an extended lunch break yesterday and swapped the units over (Cube Hybrid 160). Reasonably straightforward other than (1) actually locating the 6 bolts that mount the motor, (2) making sure the speed sensor & control cables weren't trapped / pinched when fixing the motor back and (3) removing / re-fitting the gromet thing where the cables enter the frame.

Overall, very pleased with the new controller and once I figure out how to get my Garmin watch to broadcast HR to it, I'll be delighted !

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Took an extended lunch break yesterday and swapped the units over (Cube Hybrid 160). Reasonably straightforward other than (1) actually locating the 6 bolts that mount the motor, (2) making sure the speed sensor & control cables weren't trapped / pinched when fixing the motor back and (3) removing / re-fitting the gromet thing where the cables enter the frame.

Overall, very pleased with the new controller and once I figure out how to get my Garmin watch to broadcast HR to it, I'll be delighted !
I have the same on my '22 Rail. My Polar Ignite 3 watch pairs with the Kiox (Retrofit to replace the Purion) but although the Kiox sees the watch it does not display HR broadcast to it by the watch. It's a Bosch thing because it's not on the Bosch list of compatible HR devices (confirmed by an email from Bosch).

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The counterpunch is much smaller than the GP2's they are about as long as your knuckles. Can see it fitted in the pics on their site - LoamLab Components – Counterpunch

I got them to try as I like my wide bars but keep clipping trees. No harm in trying anyway.
Some feedback would be useful after you have given them a good go through the woods.

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada

A tree almost tore off my pinkie finger last fall and that made me kinda twitchy when things got tight. Put a set of counterpunch ends on and besides them working as advertised it seems they gave me my confidence back. 2 thumbs up from me, gonna order a second pair for the Bullit.

20230127_160924.jpg

D

Bad-Latitude

Aug 21, 2022
Simi Valley
New shock to replace the Float X. Fitted as soon as I picked up after work and went for a ride, night and day difference. Love it! Twice the weight of the Float X but spanks it so hard :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 105803

And these just turned up to install
View attachment 105804
I’ve been thinking of switching out my air shock to a cool shock too. I have the same air shock right now. I feel like since it’s going on an ebike the weight really doesn’t matter that much

Dannage

May 28, 2022
UK
I’ve been thinking of switching out my air shock to a cool shock too. I have the same air shock right now. I feel like since it’s going on an ebike the weight really doesn’t matter that much
Mate we have the same bike! Do it, do it now! You won't regret it, 100% smiles.

For reference its the Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil RC2T - Trunnion 205 x 62.5 on my large Reign E+ 2. Fully loaded I'm about 90KG's atm and have the 500lb spring on there.

Luckily you can get black springs though so it doesn't clash with your sweet purple combo (y)

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
My bike came with an Ohlins TTX M shock, and I love it. There's a big difference between spring and air, and for me, spring is preferred. The Ohlins is highly tunable and just works well.

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
Swapped out my deity speedway for the oneup carbon bar. Had the Oneup on my prior bike and have been feeling like I've been experiencing more hand fatigue and numbness since moving to the Deity. Did not go with their E-Bike specific bar as don't see the need for a differently spec'd bar and wasn't planning on using the internal wire routing for the controller.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Fitted sram AXS derailleur oh and new 12 speed cassette (NX) and chain as freehub is HG so was limited without fitting XD driver and new raceface front chainring
new dmr vaults liquid camo will be here tomorrow or Monday
alsofound some brand new deathgrips hanging in the shed haha lord knows how long they’ve been there

first impressions of AXS was very good btw

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Fitted sram AXS derailleur oh and new 12 speed cassette (NX) and chain as freehub is HG so was limited without fitting XD driver and new raceface front chainring
new dmr vaults liquid camo will be here tomorrow or Monday
alsofound some brand new deathgrips hanging in the shed haha lord knows how long they’ve been there

first impressions of AXS was very good btw
Garbaruk has a 12 speed cassette that fits on hg body

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
Swapped out my Deity TMACs for a set of Hope's new F22 pedals. No compelling reason to do so other than I like the aesthetics of the Hopes. Overall though - super happy with them. Way more grippy and lighter weight.

One thing I will warn people of is that, for some reason, it took a bit of effort to get the threads lined up initially to get them installed. Where the Deity's engaged immediately, the Hope's took some fiddling and I almost cross threaded one.

1676046651938.png

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Just upgraded to another Garmin computer. I recently upgraded the Bosch Smart Hub that came OEM with my Trek to a Bosch Nyon. Then I added a Garmin 830 touch screen. I added the Garmin Varia radar to alert me of cars (while on roads getting to the trails) coming up behind me which show up to 8 at a time on the 830's screen. The 830 I picked up used/ like new for $250. But I got used to using the larger sceen of my iphone Pro Max when I was using the Smart Hub and I missed that big screen. So I just ordered a Garmin 1030 plus which is touch screen and has a 34% larger 3.5 inch screen than the 830. I thought brand new for $399 with a $599 retail was a decent price on Ebay from a 100% positive seller. Came the very next day!

Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 6.51.17 AM.png

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Also, picked up these Ergon comfort grips in purple. Will coordinate well with my DMR Vault flat pedals in oil slick. Ergon is made in Germany and makes great quality stuff. I also have their Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime Saddle. So good I never even think about my saddle anymore (that's the sign of a good saddle). My Trek needed more bling with these purple grips. Ebike was starting to look like an all black police bike 😳

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 12.05.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 12.01.18 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
I always felt like I couldn't get a proper grip with those
Mine are being delivered tomorrow. They look similar to the comfort grips that came on my Trek. Most emtb'ers seem to use the round stlye grips which I'm sure work better on the technical stuff and jumps. I'm more single track trails and xcountry. At 74 my bones are too brittle. I prefer my crashes to be on snow while skiing 😜

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles