What bike should I get

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I had been set to get an EP8 bike once they released one that I liked but after the release and the motor being less powerful than the Bosch I am switching gears and am more interested in a Bosch bike. But I am not seeing one I want. Really disappointed they did not match the power of the Bosch, hard to wanna plunk down the money for a less powerful motor. I am in US. Want a mullet or full 29. Might prefer a mullet, I dunno, my Tues 29 has buzzed me a few times. Also, I think I would prefer a carbon model for lighter weight.

I like the Trek Rail except I wish the geo were the same as the new Slash and had the extra 10mm travel front and rear.

Orbea wild, the same, I like it but the geo is not long and slack enough for my taste.

I would have entertained a specialized but the Levo is not aggressive enough and the kenevo well, I want a 29 in front.

Any suggestions or should I go with a less powerful EP8 when they finally release a modern geo model?

Such a huge miss by shimano not matching the power of what is already on the market, at least to me.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
How about a trek or orbea with a -1.5 degree angleset?

Or just wait until the commencals are available to buy, and have the Ep8 motor - doubt you would notice any power difference really.

I recently bought an orbea wild fs - and it wasnt my ideal choice - I thought the same as you, that it wasnt long or slack enough. Having now done about 150 miles on it, its actually very good, the additional weight and the way the suspension seems to work better with a heavy frame makes it much more stable than I was expecting on downhills. It is a very good bike - I'd have no issues with riding one down anything I would normally ride. If I need it slacker then I'll put an angleset in it, but to be honest I dont see the need now I've ridden it for a while.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles