Was I stupid or a genius?

Skajj

Jun 25, 2021
Finland
Hi.
New to the emtb game here.
Riding a haibike trekking 6.0 as a commuter bike for almost 2 years now and racked up 4000km.
I still enjoy the rides.. but.. the normal roads are beginning to be a bit boring for me.
So..
Asked my local shop what he could offer..
He did find a bike IN STOCK with a delivery in about a week (living on an island so that is very good).
It was a "FOCUS SAM² 6.9" in a white (cream?) color.
BUT I turn it down after I saw the Trek Rail 9 in the colour "Factory Orange/Lithium Grey", the cream color was now hideous!!

Was I stupid that turned down the Focus bike that was in stock for a "unknown" delivery date on the Trek Rail bike?
The dealer has asked for a more detailed date from Trek tho..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
They're both very capable, well built and we'll designed bikes.

When you can't decide, very often it comes down to which one you prefer the look of.

Personally I wasn't so sure about the Jam/Sam colour. But it's grown on me.

IMG_20210612_084252.jpg

Voluptua

Oct 4, 2020
United Kingdom
Buy the Focus, then get some Trek decals and get ready to confuse people.

Honestly, a bird in the hand... I've been waiting for a Trek since last September, only a year more to wait according to my dealer.

I have a 2021 9.8XT
It will be the longest wait know it man kind, even it you get it in a less than 18days.
I waited 4 months and visualy cheated on the new Trek nightly and dreamed of all kinds of different bikes that I could get now.
Now that we are together and have properly found each other, I'm not sure if any other EBike could replace it - it is that good!

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
They're both very capable, well built and we'll designed bikes.

When you can't decide, very often it comes down to which one you prefer the look of.

Personally I wasn't so sure about the Jam/Sam colour. But it's grown on me.

View attachment 65373

That is a factor when you are off the bike .
When I am riding it could be pink with purple polka dots . Wouldn`t bother me .

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
My kids hate the Yamaha Desert Yellow... I tell them I am not looking between my legs when I'm riding.

USA ? Yammies are white in Oz .
Used to confuse me as a kid . White was Yamaha , Green was Kawasaki , Yellow - Suzuki , Red - Honda . Then my mate showed me Bob Hannah riding a yellow YZ at the coliseum ! Whaaa ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles