Voima Sizing Questions/Views/Opinions

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is there an assumption that the moderators need something to do ?
Now that Bambam isn't around, you must have a lot of time on your hands ?

I'd suggest :

The Official Pole sizing thread ?

My 6 year old wants a Pole, Why don't Pole make a K -2 Frame, I saw Leo use a rubber hammer can I do the same to make my Pole smaller ?

I want a K2 Pole because it's the only one named after a mountain since K1/3/4/5 were re-named Masherbrum, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum 2 and Gasherbrum 1

The Geo Worshippers Pole Sizing Thread

I want my Pole to feel exactly like my X/Y/Z Sizing Thread

Paris's "What's right for me is right for you" but I'm not actually sure what's right for me ... Pole Sizing Thread.

What size Pole should you buy if you don't actually want to buy a Pole ?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
My tinder profile says 6'2", but between you and me I'm 174cm😉

Ok, I’m a 173cm and originally thought about a K2. But after reading a lot of these posts I think if I get a Vioma I’ll go with a K1.

Currently I have a large carbon Orbea Wild FS that’s setup as a 180/165mm front and rear travel. But the large Wild only has a reach of 455 and the wheel base with the longer travel is 1245mm.

Which is why I’m now leaning towards a K1.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Ok, I’m a 173cm and originally thought about a K2. But after reading a lot of these posts I think if I get a Vioma I’ll go with a K1.

Currently I have a large carbon Orbea Wild FS that’s setup as a 180/165mm front and rear travel. But the large Wild only has a reach of 455 and the wheel base with the longer travel is 1245mm.

Which is why I’m now leaning towards a K1.
I have always rode a medium, I have never had a large because I can't get the seat down low enough with the higher seat stays that larges generally have.
However this is not an issue with the K2 as it is the same height as the K1.
You can ride either, but for me the K1 is more in keeping with what I normally ride, and the shorter TT didn't really make itself apparent to me when I rode it.

christopher_jx

Aug 8, 2022
Birmingham
If it helps anyone with sizing I have a K1 with 27.5 wheels all around and I am 5'8" when I first got the bike built up I thought it was going to be too big for me! But no, it fits perfectly better than my last bike a banshee spitfire v3 small running as a mini mullet. The bike I had before that, was a Spitfire V2 medium but I couldn't get on with it at all - it felt like a gate when trying to get on it on steep sections and that was with 26" wheels all around. On the voima I love the way you can slam the seat to frame on the downs.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The Grim Donut was an interesting experiment with Geo ..

1681384601197.png

In the Video Yoann Barelli rides it (about 10:36) with interesting results .

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
It was the long chain stays that made Yoann so much faster on the Grim Donut. You can clearly see that he is finishing the turns faster and tighter.
He had similar speed gains getting off his old Commencal (short chainstays on L bike) and onto the GG.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Ordered a Voima ID yesterday and now having cold feet on sizing. 6’-4” and like a 500-510 reach. Ordered a K3 but now that I see that massive front center number (I know, I know) I’m having second thoughts.

Any input appreciated - still need to approve the specs before they roll it into production.

S5 Enduro / S5 Kenevo SL were both perfect fits for me with 180 up front. Worried the Voima front wheel will be too light and will understeer in corners.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Thanks.

K3 front center is 70mm longer than my current XL WR1 Arrival. Weighting the front could be a massive concern.

K2 would have me pretty balled up in the cockpit pedaling.

Crap. Do I bet my $6k on Rob’s recs or on Leo’s???
319FAF39-8EF3-4D54-AAF5-C0F8CC35E7A2.jpeg

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
I’m just an inch taller than you and on K4, there’s no problem loading the front end even with very high rise bars (3”). Neither seated nor standing, at all. It’s freaking 4.5cm longer wheelbase at play. And lifting front on demand became somewhat easier, but still it’s a heavy ass long ass bike. It just glues itself to everything. I sometimes think that K3 might have been easier to toss around, but K4 has other benefits for my riding.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Thanks.

K3 front center is 70mm longer than my current XL WR1 Arrival. Weighting the front could be a massive concern.

K2 would have me pretty balled up in the cockpit pedaling.

Crap. Do I bet my $6k on Rob’s recs or on Leo’s??? View attachment 111920
If I hit go on the pole I'll be sending the size that my standing/descending cockpit cockpit enjoys that's the reach measurement. So if you like the reach of the enduro/kenevo. Then I'd suggest go with that reach.

Ps at 5'11 that's k1 size for me.
Pss. I rode a k4 voima. Stupid long for me but. Still easily could weight the front.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
@Plummet @BigG

Helpful, Thanks.

I’ve decided - I’ll take a cue from @Rob Rides EMTB and put a -5mm reach adjust headset on the K3.

Tempted to follow what @Rob Rides EMTB is doing on his K2 with 5mm reach adjust, but my fear is being an inch taller I’ll be too cramped going up seated and going down standing up.

Thanks for listening to all my whining LOL.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@Plummet @BigG

Helpful, Thanks.

At 6’4” / 193cm I am still carrying around some scar tissue from an XXL Megatower V2 purchase (220r / 886fs) that ended in me selling the bike after a dozen rides due to front end lightness in corners. It was SUPER sketchy, especially when pinned trying to hit a catch berm after a jump/drop.

Even the K2 has a front center that’s longer than that Megatower.

I tend to like a short-ish reach for my height (497ish) but also a slack head tube (63.5 would be ideal). To me that has the right blend of agile + confident.

That leads me toward what @Rob Rides EMTB is doing on his K2 with 5mm reach adjust, but my fear is being an inch taller I’ll be too cramped going up seated and going down standing up.

Thanks for listening to all my whining LOL.
Are you anywhere near Sea otter? I think they have some sizes you can try (longshot, I can only see you're in the USA!).

You'd definitely be on the taller side for k2. I really like it at 6"3.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Are you anywhere near Sea otter? I think they have some sizes you can try (longshot, I can only see you're in the USA!).

You'd definitely be on the taller side for k2. I really like it at 6"3.
I’m 2hrs away in SF. Not a crowd guy but I should totally go.

That said I think I’ve decided: K3 and follow your lead with a reach adjust back the other way to cut it down by 5mm. Feeling very clever now 😂.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney

That said I think I’ve decided: K3 and follow your lead with a reach adjust back the other way to cut it down by 5mm. Feeling very clever now 😂.

I’m just over 6’2 and ordered a K3. I have no second thoughts on sizing - I have an S5 Enduro and Levo and a K3 Stamina 180mm. The Stamina is definitely a bigger bike, though east to adapt to after a couple of rides. The stability is amazing. If you like to job off everything in sight, I don’t think it’s the right size or the right bike.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I’m just over 6’2 and ordered a K3. I have no second thoughts on sizing - I have an S5 Enduro and Levo and a K3 Stamina 180mm. The Stamina is definitely a bigger bike, though east to adapt to after a couple of rides. The stability is amazing. If you like to job off everything in sight, I don’t think it’s the right size or the right bike.
Primary concern was cornering - making sure the front doesn’t get light and slide out. I realize that’s a technique thing too, so some adaptation is expected. Also my first full powered eeb, so there will be some learning happening.

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area

I would definitely, definitely go to Sea Otter to check out the sizes - a pure luxury for many folks who can't. It would be interesting if the let you try riding each size. Just standing on the bike you would likely choose the larger size if you straggling between them. If they let on a demo track then the smaller size would likely feel more appealing.

I'm going with my Voima to get latest firmware upgrade from at the Bosch both (and explore flashing down to 27.5 wheel size) and compare it to the ID.

wessobert3000

Dec 20, 2022
Germany
are there really tall guys here who ride a voima?

I am 2.00 meters / 6.5 feet and wonder if the stack would be enough for me at K4 (short head tube).

Many K2/K3 riders with normal size drive already handlebars with much rise.

Alternative would be Turbo Levo in S6

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal

I am 2.00 meters / 6.5 feet and wonder if the stack would be enough for me at K4 (short head tube).

196cm, ~92cm/36" inseam, here on K4.
Running 30mm of spacers under stem and 75mm riser bars, very comfortable. 50mm riser worked too, but I like 75 better.

Giox

Aug 4, 2020
Switzerland/Italy
If it helps anyone with sizing I have a K1 with 27.5 wheels all around and I am 5'8" when I first got the bike built up I thought it was going to be too big for me! But no, it fits perfectly better than my last bike a banshee spitfire v3 small running as a mini mullet. The bike I had before that, was a Spitfire V2 medium but I couldn't get on with it at all - it felt like a gate when trying to get on it on steep sections and that was with 26" wheels all around. On the voima I love the way you can slam the seat to frame on the downs.
Hi, can I ask what changes you did to fit the 27.5" wheels? My wife is 158 and she cannot get along with 29" whatever the size charts say. And she wants alluminium and Bosch...

christopher_jx

Aug 8, 2022
Birmingham
Hi, can I ask what changes you did to fit the 27.5" wheels? My wife is 158 and she cannot get along with 29" whatever the size charts say. And she wants alluminium and Bosch...
Nothing! I use Zeb 27.5 forks it seems to work fine its a brilliant bike! I was told by Pole on facebook that it would work and it does! As for the length - doing steep stuff I now realise why long frames make so much sense even though I like my mtbs to feel like bmxs! I run 155 cranks but still get a bit of rock strike though that is the only downside. I run the 125mm seatpost low as I struggle with standover with 27.5 but with an e-bike, you don't need a lot of pedaling efficiency so you can comprise a lot.
IMG_1118.jpeg

Last edited:

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK

6ft 6 (35" inseam) riding the K4.
max spacers (30 or 40mm can't recall), 45mm stem with a small rise, 60mm riser bars
165mm cranks, 175mm dropper.

Took a little while to dial out some hand pressure but its pretty much bang on for me now.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Confused - I’m looking at the Voima geo chart, and it seems that chainstay + front center do not add up to wheelbase.

On the K3 for example:
455mm CS + 917mm FS = 1372mm

But K3 wheelbase is listed as 1343mm

It’s not a small difference ~3cm.

It doesn’t add up. What am I missing… ?

More practically, can someone put a tape on their K3 and post the actual numbers?

78BA426A-3AEB-40E8-BCE3-88B09F41CD30.jpeg
A84104D2-F0F9-40BC-9DF9-FE373A5C1BCD.jpeg

Last edited:

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Pole have now introduced a new size, the K0 and looks like they are pulling the K4?
Screenshot_20230508_223225_Chrome.jpg

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Pole have now introduced a new size, the K0 and looks like they are pulling the K4? View attachment 114000
Looks like wheelbase is still listed as 29mm shorter than chainstay + front center. The front center numbers look ginormous, so I’m guessing that’s where the issue may be.

Can someone please measure their wheelbase and front/rear centers and post here?

Thanks!

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Looks like wheelbase is still listed as 29mm shorter than chainstay + front center. The front center numbers look ginormous, so I’m guessing that’s where the issue may be.

Can someone please measure their wheelbase and front/rear centers and post here?

Thanks!
Afternoon modelling the geo so I could assess mullet impact on geo i came to the conclusion that the Pole front Center measurement published is incorrect.

All other measurements stack up except the front center. Below is the K1 size.

1683583711276.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles