Voima Orders/Shipping Options

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
So my peoples champ bike, approximately due last week according to the timeframes when I ordered it, is delayed till february😲
Not really a big issue as I dont ride over winter anyway plus I was expecting a delay, because its pole ..
Even so the length of the delay took me by surprise a bit.
My guess is the Sonni orders are the priority right now, so those will be going out first, but that’s just a guess. Either way, it’ll be worth the wait once you get it.

Vanquisher

Dec 13, 2023
Surrey, UK
So, I'm getting a clear impression that the 'shipping month' Pole quote on their site when you spec'ing your Voima is just hot air in most people's experience???

gaz123

Aug 22, 2022
snowdonia
i ordered my voima on the 2nd of November as part of the what we ride deal,
i had my compleat bike by the 3rd of Jan 2024.
weather has been very icy .but i have ridden the voima aprox 15 hours.
its so different to my turbo levo,love the VIOMA,

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Well it's week 6 and my voima is supposed to be built this week!
Will it be a week of celebrations or a crushing disappointment I ask myself ? 😐

Vanquisher

Dec 13, 2023
Surrey, UK
Well it's week 6 and my voima is supposed to be built this week!
Will it be a week of celebrations or a crushing disappointment I ask myself ? 😐
Keep us updated mate ....... I'd like to see how yours goes. I'm just lining up to press the button and they are quoting April (I'll screen shot it for posterity :LOL: )

Vanquisher

Dec 13, 2023
Surrey, UK
Crushing disappointment confirmed. New estimate is week 8.

FFS

Is it Sonni ? ..... surely they had planned for the Sonni orders coming in 🤷‍♂️. It's like, instead of sorting it, they'd rather decide who to p!s off .... the Voima waiting list or the Sonni waiting list

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
FFS

Is it Sonni ? ..... surely they had planned for the Sonni orders coming in 🤷‍♂️. It's like, instead of sorting it, they'd rather decide who to p!s off .... the Voima waiting list or the Sonni waiting list
Yeah, frustrating for those who have paid In good faith and have to wait...

Thing is you can't speed up the machining. It takes what it takes. The only way is to extend factory hours, buy more machines or subcontract some of the workload out when orders exceed capacity.

Either way they need to sort their shit out. Build stock in low times, run extra shifts in busy times, take a small hit on margin and subcontract some processes when capacity is exceeded.... it's not rocket science. It's manufacturing 101.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Im not overly bummed out to be honest as being a seasonal rider, as long as its here by april that will be good.
I gather there have been issues with sickness & machinery malfunctions & no doubt the new model is taking preference over the voima.
Assuming that date doesn't slip it will have been 14 weeks from order.
I was speaking to another uk purchaser recently & he said his frame was stuck in customs for 3 weeks, so thats worth bearing in mind also.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Im not overly bummed out to be honest as being a seasonal rider, as long as its here by april that will be good.
I gather there have been issues with sickness & machinery malfunctions & no doubt the new model is taking preference over the voima.
I was speaking to another uk purchaser recently & he said his frame was stuck in customs for 3 weeks, so thats worth bearing in mind also.
Fair enough. If it's not impacting you then no harm no fowl.

Sickness and machine malfunctions are also standard with manufacturing. It should all be factored into the schedule. Identifying critical path machery and building redundancy for that peace o kid is the key.

As you can tell I'm also involved on manufacturing. So I guess I get a little old man rage at continued poor performance on delivery.

Vanquisher

Dec 13, 2023
Surrey, UK
I haven't had an answer to my questions from sales support for the last 2 weeks. It's gone quiet. That doesn't fill me with comfort. They have answered the next day previously.

If mine was 14 weeks that would take me well into June and potentially could be later looking at your story. By the time the frameset got here and was built up, summer could be over and I'd be back from the Alps and Autumn would be upon us.

For a frameset-only that costs more delivered to your door than most high-end fully built bikes off-the-shelf, the service level needs to match.

I've spent ages researching everything from which size, to which components I'm going to use on the build. I'd just got my head around the total ridiculous cost and decided to go with it as actually really wanted one.

I think I'm going to can the idea now. It's all too messy and a leap of faith which isn't right at this price point

Last edited:

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Well, it is an awesome bike and it was worth the wait for me. So much so that I sold the first one to get the newer Race ID when it became available. I got the frameset and built it up the way I wanted, and now I have my dream bike and I love it so much, it stays in the house instead of in the garage where the wife would prefer it. Just my 2c.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I haven't had an answer to my questions from sales support for the last 2 weeks. It's gone quiet. That doesn't fill me with comfort. They have answered the next day previously.

If mine was 14 weeks that would take me well into June and potentially could be later looking at your story. By the time the frameset got here and was built up, summer could be over and I'd be back from the Alps and Autumn would be upon us.

For a frameset-only that costs more delivered to your door than most high-end fully built bikes off-the-shelf, the service level needs to match.
Maybe keep an eye on the deals page on the website for an appearance defect frame. They are in stock ready to ship.
Usually only in gold or grey though. I wanted silver.
The guy I spoke to that was stuck in customs for 3 weeks bought one of these and saved a lot of money for a few minor blemishes.

If in the Alps with a vehicle it might be worth looking into getting it delivered to Switzerland. Obviously would need some accurate timing from pole and their couriers! Their tax rate is less than 10% I recall. Would be a good saving. I was thinking of doing this but the deal I got wasn't far off.

Last edited:

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
And another machine failure.
Since ordering early November, build was :-
December 23
Week 6
Week 8
now week 10. To be taken with a hefty pinch of salt I recon..
Still not overly bummed, but getting closer to the start of the season.

Last edited:

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
And another machine failure.
Since ordering early November, build was :-
December 23
Week 6
Week 8
now week 10. To be taken with a hefty pinch of salt I recon..
Still not overly bummed, but getting closer to the start of the season.
Hats of to you
You have a damn side more patients than i do (y)

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
When did they originally claim it would be ready?
My voima slipped to week 10, but that was last week..
Ordered early November.
I feel very financially exposed being 5k down with no bike in sight.
I'm thinking of asking for a refund, for other reasons also, but gather they are reluctant to refund?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Ordered early November.
I'm thinking of asking for a refund, for other reasons also, but gather they are reluctant to refund?
If you paid with a credit card (or Paypal) then you're protected. If you want a refund then demand it and then stick to your guns and accept nothing else. The law is in your side.

Maherto

Feb 22, 2020
Dublin
Ordered early November.
I ordered mid Jan, website said April shipping when I paid deposit. I did not pay full amount as it says they will ask for payment 4 weeks before ship date. To be fair any question I have asked they have being fast to respond and accommodated changing the color etc. So hopefully all will be OK.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
If you paid with a credit card (or Paypal) then you're protected. If you want a refund then demand it and then stick to your guns and accept nothing else. The law is in your side.
Unfortunately I paid directly.
However I emailed them over the weekend and they responded very quickly saying they will process the refund within a few days. I hope this claimed few days is more accurate than the delivery estimates 😐.

It's in their interests to refund I think. They seem to be able to sell every bike they make and the peoples champ I ordered was £300 cheaper than a frame only, so they will make more profit by reselling it.
Even on the website today it's states delivery next month if ordering a voima..

I'm a bit annoyed I sold my DH bike, spare specialized battery and some other bits to help fund this but ended up keeping my kenevo.

I had left myself financially exposed and was relying on having the bike by now so I could swap some bits to sell my kenevo plus sell the high value parts I didn't need from the pole.

If I decide on pole again in the future, perhaps the UK pole hub will be more established so I could get one from them.

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
However I emailed them over the weekend and they responded very quickly saying they will process the refund within a few days. I hope this claimed few days is more accurate than the delivery estimates 😐.

It's in their interests to refund I think. They seem to be able to sell every bike they make and the peoples champ I ordered was £300 cheaper than a frame only, so they will make more profit by reselling it.

I'm a bit annoyed I sold my DH bike, spare specialized battery and some other bits to help fund this but ended up keeping my kenevo.

I had left myself financially exposed and was relying on having the bike by now so I could swap some bits to sell my kenevo plus sell the high value parts I didn't need from the pole.

If I decide on pole again in the future, perhaps the UK pole hub will be more established so I could get one from them.
Seems to me that you have done the sensible thing and likely got lucky getting your cash back. Always best to pay with a credit card of course, which is a lesson I learned the hard way when I paid cash up front for a motorcycle race engine rebuild. First time out the engine seized and when stripped was found to have oil ways blocked with sealant which had been used instead of a new gasket set. Took a year of legal crap to get my money back plus the cost of replacing the damaged parts - pretty much everything tbh.

Edit: never raced again after that, spent the money on new kitesurfing gear. Live only 20 minutes from the Eastern Solent. One money pit to another! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Maherto

Feb 22, 2020
Dublin

Did they give you a delivery date?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Being generous, pole are now over 7 working days and no refund issued.

please, note that it will take several working days until it´s completed.

What is your definition of several working days? Mine is about 5.

No response to the last 2 email this week. Very disappointed. Be extremely wary giving this company your money.

I will be royally F'ed over if I don't receive it by the end of the UK financial year for a few reasons, and with a bank holiday coming up, this doesn't look likely.

Last edited:

big_scot_nanny

Subscriber
Nov 23, 2022
Scotland
Oh FFS, this is so hard to read. I know they have CNC issues but communications and how they deal with this stuff is really below par.

I bought an Evolink at the end of 2020, and the stress of completely vague and opaque (or absent) comms, plus constantly shifting timelines, were the main reason I would not buy a Voima in late 22 when I needed an eeb, I just couldn't face going through that frustration again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles