Vitus Esommet 2022 - Motor cover

Pytek23

Jul 18, 2020
Melton
Hi all.Just received my Vitus Esommet VRS,coming from Whyte E160 so not new to ebike game.I did my research about battery cover (mine came already modified with bigger hoole for top bolt).However looking at engine cover there is significant gap that bothers me.My wife owns Merida e160 and there is no gap on hers ep8 so i am wondering if its design fault or mine specific model issue.Any comments?

20220924_123058.jpg

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
My exact thought, got the same bike about a month ago, might be wrong but don't think this is just on the Vitus i have a mate who has an Orange Phase and his has the same gap, i was even thinking about putting some black bathroom/kitchen sealant on and giving it a neat strip in the gap, some black duct tape would work too, anything to cover the gap and stop water/mud entering. I actually took the cover off to see if anything in there worth bothering about and there are exposed terminals so would imagine water getting on these wouldn't be a good thing.

Pytek23

Jul 18, 2020
Melton
My exact thought, got the same bike about a month ago, might be wrong but don't think this is just on the Vitus i have a mate who has an Orange Phase and his has the same gap, i was even thinking about putting some black bathroom/kitchen sealant on and giving it a neat strip in the gap, some black duct tape would work too, anything to cover the gap and stop water/mud entering. I actually took the cover off to see if anything in there worth bothering about and there are exposed terminals so would imagine water getting on these wouldn't be a good thing.
I just used black draught foam excluder.Better be safe than sorry.

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
Is that the stuff that's about 10/15mm wide and comes in a roll and has one side that's self adhesive? If so great i have a roll of this in the garage for some reason so will give it a go, and chance of a pic with the cover off to see where you've stuck it?? (y)

Pytek23

Jul 18, 2020
Melton
Is that the stuff that's about 10/15mm wide and comes in a roll and has one side that's self adhesive? If so great i have a roll of this in the garage for some reason so will give it a go, and chance of a pic with the cover off to see where you've stuck it?? (y)

20221007_174453.jpg 20221007_174500.jpg 20221003_132944.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles