Vitus ESommet Vrs finally here- problems

Jeffcw

Apr 29, 2020
Manchester
Hi All

After nearly 5 weeks my bikes finally arrived, after being told yesterday it was lost.

The box was battered but apart from a damaged stem cap, a mark on the stem, and few scuffs on the fork decals its not too bad, ive gone back to say ill accept if they can sort out some compensation.

MAIN ISSUE theres no keys for the battery. I assume they can send replacements as they have wrote the key code down, they just arnt anywhere in the box or in the battery. Is it fine to charge insitu, and use whilst waiting for keys?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jeff

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Sorry to hear that :(

Yes, you can just charge up in situe. Have you checked in case the key is tie-wrapped to the seat rail?

Good luck with it.

Jeffcw

Apr 29, 2020
Manchester
Sorry to hear that :(

Yes, you can just charge up in situe. Have you checked in case the key is tie-wrapped to the seat rail?

Good luck with it.

Ive checked all over.
They have wrote the key code on the docs so hopefully a replacement is easy enough, they may have just forgot to put in when packing.

Least i can ride it still i suppose

Nichneven

Mar 9, 2020
Scotland
My escarpe had a knock to the top cap. Like the box was dropped upside down and the stem area just punched through 2 layers of cardboard. This was one of the newer boxes which was much thicker. So I guess at tuffnells it was thrown off the truck at their depot.

I am waiting on a black VRS and will see what state it turns up in.

Jeffcw

Apr 29, 2020
Manchester
All built up and all seems to work fine, had a fresh Burgtec stem cap and spacers so sorted that issue. Just need the keys. It feels brilliant and looks great.
20200521_123620.jpg
20200521_123713.jpg

Randy

Apr 23, 2020
Henley on Thames
Mine had a small box in there with stuff in it like cheap plastic peddles, tie wraps, tubeless valves and the battery keys. Maybe that box has fallen out (the state mine arrived in I was surprised this hadn't on mine).

Randy

Apr 23, 2020
Henley on Thames
Oh, and they just sent me a replacement top cap to replace my damaged one - no offers of compensation. TBO the bike was so cheap and the problem so easy to sort I didn't bother pushing the point.

Jeffcw

Apr 29, 2020
Manchester
Mine had a small box in there with stuff in it like cheap plastic peddles, tie wraps, tubeless valves and the battery keys. Maybe that box has fallen out (the state mine arrived in I was surprised this hadn't on mine).

Been through all the box charger everything in there, no keys, think they must have forgot them after they wrote the code on the docs.

Ill see what they say about small damage, not fussed really but if can get anything itl be a bonus.

Glad you got yours, worst buying experience ever.

If i could do it again id have ordered a commencal meta power, my mates came fully tracked in 6days, no issues what so ever.

This feels a little nicer though, not much in them though

Last edited:

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Check the battery doesn't move forward and back... it should be rock solid.. most people I know have had to set the clamp correctly (you need to get the battery off to set the clamp distance) though you could be lucky and its been setup for a tight fit. I had to set the clamp spacing out of the box on mine as it was very loose fit.
Basically the motor can cut out as the battery moves about and loses contact and it powers down as your riding.. so if it's cutting out then it's probably due to this as its a common setup issue.

So yeah without a key and no way to set the clamp its something you just need to be aware of.

Jeffcw

Apr 29, 2020
Manchester
Check the battery doesn't move forward and back... it should be rock solid.. most people I know have had to set the clamp correctly (you need to get the battery off to set the clamp distance) though you could be lucky and its been setup for a tight fit. I had to set the clamp spacing out of the box on mine as it was very loose fit.
Basically the motor can cut out as the battery moves about and loses contact and it powers down as your riding.. so if it's cutting out then it's probably due to this as its a common setup issue.

So yeah without a key and no way to set the clamp its something you just need to be aware of.

I can move it side to side slightly, so far its not cut out. Ive ordered a key online which hopefully works and gets here soon as CRC have not replied yet, and dont seem to be quick at anything.

CH61S

Apr 27, 2020
Rhondda south Wales
Great bike I've had mine a about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. I've done about 70 mile and done loads of steep DH runs and other than snapping a link in the chain it's been flawless straight out of the box.
913565017.jpg

Jeffcw

Apr 29, 2020
Manchester
Done a few rides now and it is brilliant, we have got a few different ebikes between us now and more of the group are looking at going ebike and all of them have said the Vitus feels the most chuckable after having a ride on each.

One thing that is rubbish though is CRC at the moment, still not further on a solution for the keys or the damage except one email offering a stem cap which i declined.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles