gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
I removed the air cap of the Lyrik RC2 fork on my E-Sommet to check the number of tokens (there was 1) and reassembled it.
Now it needs 110 psi to get 30% sag instead of 80-85 psi (my weight is 80 kg) and it has a springy feel, rebound is way faster than usual. It feels like shit, even after cycling the fork a few times. What can I do? :cry:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Was it fully extended or compressed when you re-fitted the top cap?
and did you cycle the fork through it's travel when you aired it back up?

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
Was it fully extended or compressed when you re-fitted the top cap?
and did you cycle the fork through it's travel when you aired it back up?
It was compressed, was it supposed to be extended? When I released the air the fork sucked down to the botttom

Yes I cycled it

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
This is a good video on adding/removing volume spacers - bare in mind you need a cassette tool on the newer lyrics rather than a socket

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
did you have to disassemble the fork or did you use a quick fix?
If so what?
I removed the fork from the frame
Removed the air cap
put it upside down with one foot on the crown and 2 people pulling the lowers very hard upwards
Almost at full extension you can hear the air escaping, and the fork won't suck down anymore :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I removed the fork from the frame
Removed the air cap
put it upside down with one foot on the crown and 2 people pulling the lowers very hard upwards
Almost at full extension you can hear the air escaping, and the fork won't suck down anymore :)
Haha... :)
Sweet!
I do like a quick remedy when it works out well.

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
The problem of my Lyrik came back so I'm sending the fork to warranty.
Is there any way to process the warranty claim directly with SRAM? Wiggle's Spanish speaking reps seem clueless.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
The problem of my Lyrik came back so I'm sending the fork to warranty.
Is there any way to process the warranty claim directly with SRAM? Wiggle's Spanish speaking reps seem clueless.
That ain’t no Spanish speaking rep mate, it’s probably a scouser with google translate!

17% off at wiggle folks, get them cakes while they hot!!!

Woody

Feb 16, 2019
Lutterworth
I'm new here, but have been reading the forum for a while and it has really helped me to choose my new e-bike. So thanks everyone that has commented, especially in this thread!

I have just ordered the e-Sommet VR from wiggle with the 17% discount (= absolute bargain!). Can't wait to receive it and fingers crossed it arrives well packaged and not manhandled! Will post some pics and update when it arrives.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I met a bloke in FoD with a Vitus. He bought a shock to qualify for the platinum discount and sent it back once he’d ordered his bike...

gtaadicto

Jan 26, 2019
Leon,Spain
Shouldn't wiggle cover the shipping costs of returning the fork from Spain to the UK to be repaired under warranty? They sent me an address and it seems I have to pay.
For example, Canyon covers the shipping costs and that is great. Had to return a cracked frame a few years ago and it was quick and hassle free, they sent a courier home to collect it.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Shouldn't wiggle cover the shipping costs of returning the fork from Spain to the UK to be repaired under warranty? They sent me an address and it seems I have to pay.
For example, Canyon covers the shipping costs and that is great. Had to return a cracked frame a few years ago and it was quick and hassle free, they sent a courier home to collect it.
Yes they should

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
£500, doesn’t need to be in one hit, just in a 12 month period.

Woody

Feb 16, 2019
Lutterworth
I spent £500 to get the platinum discount, got loads of bike stuff (pedals, grips, tubeless kit, a bike for my boy etc), was like Christmas come early! Bike was £3,344 with the discount so it amounts to all the free stuff. I think it's a bargain!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles