Vitus E-Sentier pics n specs - post here

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Please post up pics of your E-Sentiers here.
What size frame you have and any component/spec updates.

Cheers.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Reason i started the thread was as i was thinking of buying one myself
well. I did. and it arrived today so I'll post mine.

it's a size Medium and in the pics above fully stock except for the pedals (Steele Ind) and an el guapo 35mm stem (same stem as the Nukeproof Neutron but stealth black)
Doesn't look as ugly as I thought it might and the paint is kinda growing on me. Reminds me of the A-TEAM van. Not sure I can pull off the BA Baracus look though so it may well get a BATMAN make over ;) .

As I said it just arrived this afternoon (and I've already ridden 25miles) so I only rode it a few miles while setting it up.
Initial thoughts were it's way slower accelerating than my E Sommet and way harder to lift the front to manual. Feels like it's the draggier tyres rather than the weaker E7000 motor holding it back on the road. the tyres aren't staying though.
motor is noisier, not louder, but a different tone. higher pitched than my E8000.
Fork is pretty basic. But should be fine.
The rest of the parts (Deore/Nukeproof/B-X/WTB-Novatec) are all parts I've plenty experience using and although mid level functionally is sound and performance almost as good as high end parts.

tonight I changed the chainring to a 38T and the tyres to 2.0 Schwalbe Big Ben slick street/road tyres (tubeless). it'll mainly be a commuter but I'll ride light off road trails and trail centres too. (I'm used to riding street tyres off road).

Weight is now 44.8lb (was 47lb dead OG spec)

will post pics of it with the changes soon.

Might take it to my local jump spot in the morning to see how it copes.

Oh... and it came with a dinky wee charger (should be handier for trips away etc.)

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales

it's a size Medium and in the pics above fully stock except for the pedals (Steele Ind) and an el guapo 35mm stem (same stem as the Nukeproof Neutron but stealth black)
Doesn't look as ugly as I thought it might and the paint is kinda growing on me. Reminds me of the A-TEAM van. Not sure I can pull off the BA Baracus look though so it may well get a BATMAN make over ;) .

As I said it just arrived this afternoon (and I've already ridden 25miles) so I only rode it a few miles while setting it up.
Initial thoughts were it's way slower accelerating than my E Sommet and way harder to lift the front to manual. Feels like it's the draggier tyres rather than the weaker E7000 motor holding it back on the road. the tyres aren't staying though.
motor is noisier, not louder, but a different tone. higher pitched than my E8000.
The rest of the parts (Deore/Nukeproof/B-X/WTB-Novatec) are all parts I've plenty experience using and although mid level functionally is sound and performance almost as good as high end parts.

tonight I changed the chainring to a 38T and the tyres to 2.0 Schwalbe Big Ben slick street/road tyres (tubeless). it'll mainly be a commuter but I'll ride light off road trails and trail centres too. (I'm used to riding street tyres off road).

Oh... and it came with a dinky wee charger (should be handier for trips away etc.)
any updates to the pics gary......want to see how the big bens look

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England

Is the chainring still a bugs dick away from the chainstay on the sentier? I love my e-sommet but would love to resolve high end gearing issue during road riding. To be honest I soon top out on forest runs now the motor is de-restricted. Lack of chainring clearance seems to be a bit of a design flaw to me.. very limiting.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
BA Baracus look though

I know it's not why you purchased it, but it would be interesting to see how you feel comparing it to your sommet for harder trails/downhill. You're a decent rider, so it would be interesting to know how much difference the lesser front and no rear suspension makes on a 20kg bike in capable hands.

Would it be too far a stretch for many to imagine you as BA Baracus - Extract from the will be famous as yet un-written Mountain biking book - The ups and downs of Gary - "As Gary's other half loving caresses all 9 inches of his hot, hard, black ... (insert word as required to win a free e-bike *1)"..

Not to forget the huge pile of old chains you must have lying about you can hang round your neck ! :)

Correct Quiz of the day Answer - spelt backwards - regrahc yrettab erapS

*1 : this is a blatant lie.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've given up on the idea of dressing as BA.
And ordered me a DEADPOOL outfit.
deadpool-2-wade-wilson-cosplay-costume.jpg

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
To buy another EMTB for the commute, the e-sommet does the job just as well. IMO of course
i'm with gary.........i got 2 x cubes, i commuter, 1 weekender

the commuter has rack and bag, fox kashima forks (mmmm kashima).....tough toms, just in case a fancy a rougher commute home
weekender has no rack and bag....rockshox solo air forks, rapid robs

n+1 innit

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
i'm with gary.........i got 2 x cubes, i commuter, 1 weekender

the commuter has rack and bag, fox kashima forks (mmmm kashima).....tough toms, just in case a fancy a rougher commute home
weekender has no rack and bag....rockshox solo air forks, rapid robs

n+1 innit
I hear you mate but i'm with Gary, racks and bags are for old folk and students so if you aint packin, why bother with a second workhorse? Just a second pair of wheels with some moto-x should cover your needs.

i'd kashima everything i own if I could, lovely kashima :love:

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
I hear you mate but i'm with Gary, racks and bags are for old folk and students so if you aint packin, why bother with a second workhorse? Just a second pair of wheels with some moto-x should cover your needs.

i'd kashima everything i own if I could, lovely kashima :love:
doesnt cover the N+1 needs and the needs of riding while the other is being serviced, upgraded, updated etc etc etc

racks and bags are needed for carrying clothes, food, spares etc for work and if you ride without pockets in jerseys and shorts

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I've given up on the idea of dressing as BA.
And ordered me a DEADPOOL outfit.

I think you're going the right way. "You crazy Fool" just doesn't sound right from a Scottish Accent. Chains round your neck is ok, but just how many do you need on a single ride.

The deadpool outfit's far more practical, it's the perfect colours & has space to carry various spares & Snacks. The deadpool character also fits far better with your forest fall catchphrase "I think I'm bleedin .. lots" .. (thanks for the video's, they're great and deserve a forum post of their own).

seems a bit excessive for a commuter ride Gaz, could you not have just bought some spare wheels and slicken them up? I'm running a 38T on the e-sommet and its pish, very marginal benefit really.

I think what Polaris is saying, is that Scotland relies heavily on tourism, tourism relies heavily on sterotypes and you're really not helping the tight Scottish sterotype by purchasing TWO e-bikes ! :)

That said, once you'd bought some nice carbon wheels so that the sommet was down to the same commuting weight as the sentier, maybe buying a whole bike was the "cheap" option ? And you get a spare battery thrown in for good measure !

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I think you're going the right way. "You crazy Fool" just doesn't sound right from a Scottish Accent. Chains round your neck is ok, but just how many do you need on a single ride.

The deadpool outfit's far more practical, it's the perfect colours & has space to carry various spares & Snacks. The deadpool character also fits far better with your forest fall catchphrase "I think I'm bleedin .. lots" .. (thanks for the video's, they're great and deserve a forum post of their own).

I think what Polaris is saying, is that Scotland relies heavily on tourism, tourism relies heavily on sterotypes and you're really not helping the tight Scottish sterotype by purchasing TWO e-bikes ! :)

That said, once you'd bought some nice carbon wheels so that the sommet was down to the same commuting weight as the sentier, maybe buying a whole bike was the "cheap" option ? And you get a spare battery thrown in for good measure !
Weight? No need to get the weight down man, your on an ebike! A few hundred £ and you are up and running with a beast that will tackle the roads or hills with ease

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Polaris
You think weight doesn't matter?
You think riding a 170mm travel bike with £1500 of suspension components 100 all weather shitty polluted road miles each week is a good idea?
You think trail tyres offer similar rolling resistance to slicks on the road?
You think a trail tyre will last as well as a road tyre on roads?
You honestly think a switching to a spare set of wheels every few days wouldn't be an utter pain in the arse?
You think the cassette from each rear wheel will wear equally using the one chain?

That's an awful lot of cluelessness

As for any assumptions of exessiveness or how laden my bike needs to be with bags or racks.. None of those choices are anything to do with anyone but me.

Also a 38t ring does not give adequate clearance on an E Sommet. (not when play develops in every E8000 main axle I've owned after a few months)

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
@Polaris
You think weight doesn't matter?
You think riding a 170mm travel bike with £1500 of suspension components 100 all weather shitty polluted road miles each week is a good idea?
You think trail tyres offer similar rolling resistance to slicks on the road?
You think a trail tyre will last as well as a road tyre on roads?
You honestly think a switching to a spare set of wheels every few days wouldn't be an utter pain in the arse?
You think the cassette from each rear wheel will wear equally using the one chain?

That's an awful lot of cluelessness

As for any assumptions of exessiveness or how laden my bike needs to be with bags or racks.. None of those choices are anything to do with anyone but me.

Also a 38t ring does not give adequate clearance on an E Sommet. (not when play develops in every E8000 main axle I've owned after a few months)
Wow, touchy

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not really.

I just don't really understand when folk have an awful lot to say about a subject they understand little of.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Not really.

I just don't really understand when folk have an awful lot to say about a subject they understand little of.
I took your reference about riding with bags from another conversation on here that you are involved in (at length..so hardly personal anymore). I commute 150 miles per week on my sommet, 1500 miles clocked up to now, properly looked after and she’s as good as new, suspension included. Wheels are changed in minutes, hardly a faff, And “light” trail tyres I were referring to are the Moto x which are more than at home on the streetz too. I’m not sure which bit of that I’m not supposed to understand but it was initially just a question to understand if I myself was missing a trick with the sentier

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You're missing quite a few "tricks" bro.
But you seem happy enough in ignorance so why even ask? ;)

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've no idea what would make you happier bro.. For me I'm definitely happier spending time with a beautiful woman than switching wheels/chains/tyres, servicing suspension, cleaning drivetrain or getting sweatier pedalling heavy draggy tyres on tarmac.

2.8 MotoX are ridiculously heavy and most certainly going to result in more drag than a 2.0 Big Ben.

Moar rolling resistance = less time wiv da laydees = less happiness ?
(for me anyway)

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I've no idea what would make you happier bro.. For me I'm definitely happier spending time with a beautiful woman than switching wheels/chains/tyres, servicing suspension, cleaning drivetrain or getting sweatier pedalling heavy draggy tyres on tarmac.

2.8 MotoX are ridiculously heavy and most certainly going to result in more drag than a 2.0 Big Ben.

Moar rolling resistance = less time wiv da laydees = less happiness ?
(for me anyway)
Ha, sounds like you’re smoking some good shit there mate, anyone who has time to write detailed reviews on mudguards has way too much time on their hands imo. 2 kids under 4 and a moody teenager in my house, I love changing wheels in my man cave :D

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
anyone who has time to write detailed reviews on mudguards has way too much time on their hands imo

He's not wrong, who in their right mind would write a review on a mudguard ? No one would ever see it, it would always be covered in mud. Paper man ! remember for next time. :)

Glad you two might be making up ?! Gary would rather spend time with a beautiful woman rather than changing wheels. Polaris spent lots of time with a beautiful woman and the results of that means he'd rather spend his time changing wheels ... It's a vicious wheel circle.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
He's not wrong, who in their right mind would write a review on a mudguard ? No one would ever see it, it would always be covered in mud. Paper man ! remember for next time. :)

Glad you two might be making up ?! Gary would rather spend time with a beautiful woman rather than changing wheels. Polaris spent lots of time with a beautiful woman and the results of that means he'd rather spend his time changing wheels ... It's a vicious wheel circle.
Nothing but love. Bloody good mudguards they were too ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles