Vitus E-Mythique LT won't power on.

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
Mine has powered on this evening after taking the switch unit and the display units both off the bike and drying them out with a dehumidifier.
I’ve had water issues with the 245 display , put some clear frame wrap over the screen & make sure you overlap the edges all way round , mine has been fine since 🤞

Emtbkris

Nov 11, 2023
Hampshire
Hi all, update from my end. Still no joy. Contacted warranty at CRC on Saturday by email and had a reply Monday morning. They told me to try the same thing with battery buttons for standby mode. I sent photos videos etc, they replied this morning asking if I could send the bike back to them. They will arrange courier etc I just need to repack the bike etc. (I’ve got box still but they would supply if needed)
Now it’s gonna be a waiting game, up to 4 days for the courier to collect and then however long for them to get it in, find fault, fix fault etc.
In fairness to CRC they have been responsive to the emails but I reckon rest of November is now written off for any riding plans I had. Just hoping to get it back sooner rather than later.
Worst bit is, I enjoyed the bike so much! I’ve ridden quite a few e-bikes now and for the money it really is excellent, when it worked! I want it back over getting my money back for sure!
Enjoy your bikes guys and I hope no one else has this issue but I’d be keen to hear if anyone else’s is being sent back

Graffo

Nov 19, 2023
England
Hello,

I have recently got an E-Myhtique and after two or three rides have not got the same issue. I was planning on a ride this morning but bike would t switch on. I worked my way though starting at the screen connectors but all looked okay. Took of the bash plate and the side panel that covers the motor on the drive side and still looking okay. Removed all three connectors and found the connector that was furthest left as you look at it was wet and had some crud in it. Sprayed some penetrating fluid in and carefully cleaned without damaged the pins. Did the same with the other two just to make sure. Then gave it a quick blast with a hairdryer then connected it back up and now working. Hopefully this is problem solved but gonna leave it disconnected and inside for a bit to dry out more.

The rides have all been wet and I went through some deepish puddles which I misjudged. Also use a Mobi bike cleaner to clean bike as well.

Looking at bash plate and side panel the connectors should be fairly well protected but moisture must be sitting in there and working it's way into the connection.. My bike has been in the house when not used so in a dry fairly warm place.

Not sure if the connector seal could be better or maybe connector wasn't seated correctly when put together at the factory as the other two seemed okay.

Hopefully that's solved it now but gonna keep an eye on it.

Cheers

IMG_7159.jpeg

Hulligan

Oct 29, 2023
Yorkshire
While you have it all apart and working, jam some die-electric grease into there to keep it from getting any more moisture in it.

I'm still waiting for crc to get back to me regarding my issue. I've gone from error 36 issue to no boot up at all of anything back to it now randomly booting up again but still with the error 36 issue so I'm kinda in limbo atm and haven't been able to use my bike for around 2 weeks now which is very very annoying.

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
Hello,

I have recently got an E-Myhtique and after two or three rides have not got the same issue. I was planning on a ride this morning but bike would t switch on. I worked my way though starting at the screen connectors but all looked okay. Took of the bash plate and the side panel that covers the motor on the drive side and still looking okay. Removed all three connectors and found the connector that was furthest left as you look at it was wet and had some crud in it. Sprayed some penetrating fluid in and carefully cleaned without damaged the pins. Did the same with the other two just to make sure. Then gave it a quick blast with a hairdryer then connected it back up and now working. Hopefully this is problem solved but gonna leave it disconnected and inside for a bit to dry out more.

The rides have all been wet and I went through some deepish puddles which I misjudged. Also use a Mobi bike cleaner to clean bike as well.

Looking at bash plate and side panel the connectors should be fairly well protected but moisture must be sitting in there and working it's way into the connection.. My bike has been in the house when not used so in a dry fairly warm place.

Not sure if the connector seal could be better or maybe connector wasn't seated correctly when put together at the factory as the other two seemed okay.

Cheers

View attachment 129362
Hi , hope this sorts out your issue , if it were me I’d also clear frame wrap over the dcp245 display screen , mine lets water in causing the same issues. When it drys out it’s ok , since fram warping it it’s been perfect 🤞

Scotty67

Feb 24, 2021
SS73AE
Try the above, I have had the exact same problem with mine for 10’s. The battery needs to be partially seated to the bike connector for it to work and you do have to be quick
Same problem here. Got the bike last week. Charged battery off the bike (didn't need charging as light was green). No power whatsoever. Waiting for CRC to come back to me with next steps.

Scotty67

Feb 24, 2021
SS73AE
Same problem here. Got the bike last week. Charged battery off the bike (didn't need charging as light was green). No power whatsoever. Waiting for CRC to come back to me with next steps. Surprised by the lack of information supplied with the bike re charging and battery care. Brand new, sitting in garage and I can't use it. I'm not messing with connections as concerned about warranty. Sounds like a batch of bikes have issues.

Graffo

Nov 19, 2023
England
Hello,

Cheers

View attachment 129362

Graffo

Nov 19, 2023
England
Well after the initial success I'm back to no power. I left it disconnected yesterday and when I re-connected it it was turning on and off consistently. Checked again in the evening after leaving it for a couple of hours and now dead again and hasn't switched on since. Tired the battery thing but mine just stayed blue and didn't change.and still no power. I guess I'm gonna have to send the bike back which I didn't want to do with the current situation with CRC. Shame really because I heard loads of positive things about the motors and equipment and choose the bike because I thought it would be more reliable but isn't proving that o be the case at the moment.

Topjolr

Jan 5, 2024
Surrey Alps
Hello, sorry to resurrect this thread but having the same drama. Bike won’t turn on, issues started on last ride right from the get go I was getting an intermittent error 05 with the motor feeling like it wanted to engage when I was standing still. Rode the bike a mile or so and it seemed to come right but then it would start throwing up other errors (12 and 27) between working fine and eventually just wouldn’t work anymore. Came home and it was still showing error 05 on the bike stand and motor would randomly start spinning the rear wheel as it was lifted off the ground, decided to take battery out, Since I removed battery after that and refitted it now won’t turn on, tried shorting the pins to on display on port with no luck, cleaned out every connection with wd40 on the motor (3 plugs) and had the plugs removed from the motor for a few hours too and put a heater fan on them but still nothing.

The bike was perfectly functional the ride before the issues started but it was a very wet day, my worry is I somehow have gotten water in somewhere but at my wits end now! Even put my controller and display in rice overnight + have tried the battery reset trick but still no luck. Bike has barely got 100miles on it!

What was the fix for the guys who had the same issue other than sending it off to crc? New controller?

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
Hello, sorry to resurrect this thread but having the same drama. Bike won’t turn on, issues started on last ride right from the get go I was getting an intermittent error 05 with the motor feeling like it wanted to engage when I was standing still. Rode the bike a mile or so and it seemed to come right but then it would start throwing up other errors (12 and 27) between working fine and eventually just wouldn’t work anymore. Came home and it was still showing error 05 on the bike stand and motor would randomly start spinning the rear wheel as it was lifted off the ground, decided to take battery out, Since I removed battery after that and refitted it now won’t turn on, tried shorting the pins to on display on port with no luck, cleaned out every connection with wd40 on the motor (3 plugs) and had the plugs removed from the motor for a few hours too and put a heater fan on them but still nothing.

The bike was perfectly functional the ride before the issues started but it was a very wet day, my worry is I somehow have gotten water in somewhere but at my wits end now! Even put my controller and display in rice overnight + have tried the battery reset trick but still no luck. Bike has barely got 100miles on it!

What was the fix for the guys who had the same issue other than sending it off to crc? New controller?
It sounds like the controller has failed, we returned our bike to crc & had a refund . In view of there current position we were unsure about there ability to carry out warranty work in the future.
If you paid £100 or more by credit card then section 75 will cover you .
This is probably not what you want to hear but this was our experience, good luck .

Graffo

Nov 19, 2023
England

Hello,

I never did get mine to switch on again. I went down the warranty option with CRC. The whole process was a nightmare. I was given three dates for collection and then told they couldn't make those dates. This started at the beginning of December and they finally collected it on 20th December. Did the chat thing over Christmas and got told the bike had been returned to the warehouse and can take up to 14 days. I didn't get anymore updates. Emailed the warranty department last weekend and was told that it was still with the courier. I sent a strong email and demanded my money back which they did straight away.

The trouble is with the whole returns process is you can't talk to someone. It's all online chat or emails. All the correspondence felt pretty stock and no one seemed to want to get it sorted. I emailed [email protected] to complain and again it was standard replies with no resolution.

It's a shame really because I really liked the bike and got it for a really good price. I did consider looking more into what the issue maybe but its a new bike and why should I. I was really hesitant about sending the bike back due to the current situation with CRC and when it did go back I was quite nervous as they had all my money and I didn't have a bike anymore but it got sorted in the end.

As I said before I really liked the bike and wanted to keep it. I've now ordered a Whyte from a local bike shop so at least I can take it somewhere.

i_like_food

Nov 10, 2023
West Midlands
Update from me. Finally gave up after loads more issues and returned mine for a refund. Process was painless... apart from the upgrades I'd made (Fox 36 forks for example) which I won't get back as I'd sold the original forks that came with it. Really frustrating and an expensive lesson learned... if I'd bought an ebike with a shimano/bosch motor I could have had local warranty support. With the Bafang my only option was to faff for ages trying to fix the problem myself and multiple aborted rides then return the whole thing to CRC. An expensive and frustrating lesson.

Topjolr

Jan 5, 2024
Surrey Alps
Thanks for the replies! Seems this is a QC / production issue given the number of problems. Such a shame as the bike rides great - but it did seem too good to be true at the price point!

petermas

Feb 6, 2024
Loughon
Hello @RonanGee . Was your girlfriends bike a black e mythique lt size small? And did you eventually send it back to CRC? I think I may have bought it from trisports resort. Same problem straight out of the box. It looks as if you tried everything. If it is same bike I won't bother trying. Did you find anything that worked for a while. Cheers
1707212596686617580227554889116.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RonanGee

Sep 5, 2023
Ireland
Hello @RonanGee . Was your girlfriends bike a black e mythique lt size small? And did you eventually send it back to CRC? I think I may have bought it from trisports resort. Same problem straight out of the box. It looks as if you tried everything. If it is same bike I won't bother trying. Did you find anything that worked for a while. Cheers View attachment 133955
Nope we never sent it back. She still has it. It just started mysteriously working again and hasn't happened since. I explained in more detail above somewhere. I suspect either something was wet or the battery went into some sort of sleep mode.

petermas

Feb 6, 2024
Loughon
Hello @RonanGee . Was your girlfriends bike a black e mythique lt size small? And did you eventually send it back to CRC? I think I may have bought it from trisports resort. Same problem straight out of the box. It looks as if you tried everything. If it is same bike I won't bother trying. Did you find anything that worked for a while. Cheers View attachment 133955
Thanks for the reply. I will persevere then. such a shame cos it's a lovely bike for the price hope I have same luck as you cheers. Ordered a new controller and display hope that solves it. Cheers

Dgti

Feb 29, 2024
UK
Thank you for this, my bike has less than 50 miles on it when it died. I followed the battery restart guide on here and it's alive again! Next step is to better waterproof it for the future.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
So after rebuilding my motor with a new controller im now experiencing intermittent wont turn on so far it seems to be something to do with battery connection, example wont turn, take battery out spray contact cleaner on the contacts put battery back and it turns on. Repeat that next time it wont turn and it doesnt fix it.
so has anybody got to understand this battery going to sleep thing im not sure what the button on the battery is for. or any other suggestions?
display is new, wiring is new and when it does turn on it runs great.
other suspect is the socket board in the motor which i think is next to replace

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So after rebuilding my motor with a new controller im now experiencing intermittent wont turn on so far it seems to be something to do with battery connection, example wont turn, take battery out spray contact cleaner on the contacts put battery back and it turns on. Repeat that next time it wont turn and it doesnt fix it.
so has anybody got to understand this battery going to sleep thing im not sure what the button on the battery is for. or any other suggestions?
display is new, wiring is new and when it does turn on it runs great.
other suspect is the socket board in the motor which i think is next to replace
I put some bits in the tech docs thread about the sleep thing and how to bring it out of it. Yours sounds a bit like it's dropping into sleep randomly, though it could be something else.

I think there's another wiring short scenario which can also cause the sleep thing but I've not worked that out yet.

I'd re-check your display/power cable connection too and that cable going into the motor. It could be co-incidence with removing the battery and you're actually causing another cable to move a tiny amount each time ??

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I put some bits in the tech docs thread about the sleep thing and how to bring it out of it. Yours sounds a bit like it's dropping into sleep randomly, though it could be something else.

I think there's another wiring short scenario which can also cause the sleep thing but I've not worked that out yet.

I'd re-check your display/power cable connection too and that cable going into the motor. It could be co-incidence with removing the battery and you're actually causing another cable to move a tiny amount each time ??
Tried 3 cables two standard and one with throttle connection all give same result
Been playing with battery button thing and not quite sure what it does i can get it to flash red blue green then back to blue but doesnt seem to fix my problem. Might be a bms fault in the battery i guess

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Tried 3 cables two standard and one with throttle connection all give same result
Been playing with battery button thing and not quite sure what it does i can get it to flash red blue green then back to blue but doesnt seem to fix my problem. Might be a bms fault in the battery i guess
Sorry missed a bit, strange thing is even when it wont turn on there is power at the motor according to my multi meter

Mikefiver

Dec 31, 2018
Edinburgh
Another dead Mythique here.
Wet ride, started to malfunction, wouldn’t switch off, code 36 on screen, pulled battery, put it back and it turned on, still code 36. Dried display and buttons, dried connections at motor - worked fine. Went back an hour later - completely dead!
New display and buttons and wiring loom - no difference.
Currently motor, loom, display, battery and lower battery mount are connected on the kitchen table - still nothing.
Only thing I have noticed is the battery connection sparking when connecting to battery mount. Battery goes in and out of sleep mode ok. The 2 connectors marked + and - on the battery are live all the time and show 36v.
Stumped, what to do now?
My feeling is the fault is in the motor as the battery connector was bone dry and the connections at the motor were quite wet.
Warranty is not an option any more according to Chain Reaction.😟

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Wet ride, started to malfunction, wouldn’t switch off, code 36 on screen, pulled battery, put it back and it turned on, still code 36. Dried display and buttons, dried connections at motor - worked fine. Went back an hour later - completely dead!
Currently motor, loom, display, battery and lower battery mount are connected on the kitchen table - still nothing.
Only thing I have noticed is the battery connection sparking when connecting to battery mount. Battery goes in and out of sleep mode ok. The 2 connectors marked + and - on the battery are live all the time and show 36v.
Stumped, what to do now?
My feeling is the fault is in the motor as the battery connector was bone dry and the connections at the motor were quite wet.
Same here, i have just ordered a new socket board, apart from the battery its the only thing left to replace

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Same here, i have just ordered a new socket board, apart from the battery its the only thing left to replace
So after more experiments this morning im even more convinced my problem is the socket board. When it switches on im still getting error 21 which was why i changed the controller in the first place.
will report back once i have changed the socket pcb

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
Sorry missed a bit, strange thing is even when it wont turn on there is power at the motor according to my multi met
So after more experiments this morning im even more convinced my problem is the socket board. When it switches on im still getting error 21 which was why i changed the controller in the first place.
will report back once i have changed the socket pcb
The skt board connects to the controller with a ribbon cable, when you swap it out check the cable for continuity as well , good luck 🤞

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
The skt board connects to the controller with a ribbon cable, when you swap it out check the cable for continuity as well , good luck 🤞
Thank you i did check it and visually it looks fine

Fmboy

Mar 5, 2024
Wales
Stumped, what to do now?
Had the same issue exactly as everyone on here. When you say they said warranty no longer an option is yours still under the warranty?? Is it because of the crc issues of late ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles