Levo Gen 2 Very weak and intermittent power

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
I went for a ride for the first time in a month and the motor was giving very little power. So much so it has rather depressingly exposed the gulf between me and the bike. Just 7 miles of mostly flat riding but even the slightest rise, ridden on full turbo 100% knackered me.
BLEvo says motor used just 27Wh and gave support for 46% of the ride.

check out the predicted range that Blevo says:- (bearing in mind Blevo only reads what the bike is telling it, it must be saying this range IS possible if the bike is only giving a few watt/hours while riding.

View attachment 64290

I've not been riuding much at all for various reasons, just once a month it seems. Last time, the bike seemed fine, but the time before as said above, I noticed an extended range of over 60 mies when in ECO, and the full 100% delivery seemed a bit choppy.
At times yesterday, when cycling on flat tarmac, Blevo said I was delivering 1 or 2 W and the motor, 3 to 4. That seems impossible. Before I take it back to shop, is there anything easily DIY able?
Rebooting out on ride seemed to work for all of about 4 seconds, before the power dropped again.

Data for the short but horrific ride yesterday says that in just under 7 miles, I gave 11Wh and the motor 27Wh. but only 43% of the ride was with assistance.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Ive had this and it was water in the motor cable, remove the left hand crank arm and motor cover then unplug and check the condition of the cable inside, on mine the two main power pins were corroded.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Bike back last week, all fixed and working, which is nice. They even did my tyre sealants too, which is also nice.
Tried to go up onto NY moors but found myself lacking. My god fitness goes quickly when you don't ride at least once a week.

So for the time being, back to fairly dull local rides just to get back into it, both fitness, muscle strength and on-bike confidence.
I've barely ridden much more than once a month all this year due to all manner of reasons, rain, sickness, family requirements and so on.

I saw 725W on the peak power so there is a slight, almost negligible increase in power from the 2.2 motor, but hopefully the biggest benefit is confidence in the bike to not let me down.
A big shout out to Bike Scene (and Alan) for speedy turnaround and top service.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles