Levo Gen 2 Intermittent flashing red light on battery power display?

Explosivo

Feb 26, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Am having some problems with my Turbo Levi 2020 Comp

Intermittent failure to power up and intermittent red light flashing on battery power display.
Have cleaned the battery contacts and this seems to have helped, but still have the red flashing light. Also, I can see the green charge lights “on” after the contact cover has been put in place - whilst the bike is powered up.
Already had the battery replaced, 3 months from new, and now it’s a lottery of if it will power up when I go to it.

Anyone else suffering same or similar problems?

E054CD45-9514-4CC3-8FD0-728F03FEF81A.jpeg

7E204FC3-C516-4630-9798-E8FDE3465266.png

E086C08B-EC32-41DA-BD51-C1720644D20B.png

SurreyOldman

Jul 25, 2020
Uk
Mine’s back in the shop after various issues (Levo 2021Comp). Had a new battery after a month or two of owning it. Back in Nov I had lurching, constant cut offs and the bike switching itself off during a ride. All of these seemed to sort themselves out when I bounced it up and down on the road to shift some mud. While I was going that it suddenly came back to life, so I guess it was a motor connection issue?
The issue that’s taken it back to the shop is a combination of the bike switching itself back on after I switch it off and then an alternating blue and red flashing bar with the usual battery indicator lights. I looked at the app and it detected and error, suggested switching it on and off again and if that didn’t work to take it to a dealer.

TrackRat

May 26, 2020
SchnellerGT981
I have found that mine will occasionally do that if I get riding and then try to turn it on as opposed to starting it up before getting on. Annoying at times but hasn't every persisted or caused any problems once I've stopped the bike and then turned it on

bbred

Aug 15, 2018
Derbyshire
I have found that mine will occasionally do that if I get riding and then try to turn it on as opposed to starting it up before getting on. Annoying at times but hasn't every persisted or caused any problems once I've stopped the bike and then turned it on
You may find it's the battery to motor cable. It's especially bad when wet. They have had loads of these fail due to the way the cable was routed and bent into position (lots of info on the subject on the internet) Specialized will change this under warranty

SurreyOldman

Jul 25, 2020
Uk
You may find it's the battery to motor cable. It's especially bad when wet. They have had loads of these fail due to the way the cable was routed and bent into position (lots of info on the subject on the internet) Specialized will change this under warranty
I don’t think I can add videos but if you can imagine the bike switching between these two images every second or so, that’s the error I’m seeing. I’ve seen something similar online but it was someone in Germany and my German doesn’t cover what he’s saying about it

44AEEC42-0601-428B-AD46-926AA246C996.jpeg

734F8CCB-8056-4E03-8B18-AAC66DE7DBD6.jpeg

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I don’t think I can add videos but if you can imagine the bike switching between these two images every second or so, that’s the error I’m seeing. I’ve seen something similar online but it was someone in Germany and my German doesn’t cover what he’s saying about it

View attachment 49180

View attachment 49181
It’s your power lead, you will find at the motor end it’s cracked and corroded.

SurreyOldman

Jul 25, 2020
Uk
It’s your power lead, you will find at the motor end it’s cracked and corroded.
Thanks. Is that the lead that people say needs to be replaced all of the time due to the bad design? Hopefully they’ll be able to replace the lead and we can go from there

SurreyOldman

Jul 25, 2020
Uk
It turned out that one of the inputs on the motor that’s used to connect a light had cracked and allowed water ingress. It needed a new motor which has been done by the dealer.

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
I swapped my 750 battery for 500 for winter and it done to me switched it on and of and it was fine then I stopped for coffee it came back I rode it and it whent off and it was all good again can’t be much

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles