Kenevo Gen1 Intermittent Power Shutdown

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
Had a pretty hard pedal strike today and my bike completely shut down. Would not turn back on after unplugging it, etc. Thought it might have gone into some sort of protection mode, but nope. Would not turn back on so I pedaled it back up to the top with no pedal assist. Then I tapped the power connector with my foot and it started back up. Rode it for 100 yards and it shut down again. Pulled the connection cover and everything looks good and all connections are tight (not just the power cord).

Anyone run into something like this before? It is throwing me off because sometimes it is fine and then just nothing and it won't restart.

Robbo746

Jan 23, 2020
Coolum Beach Australia
I have had a similar experience. We have a fairly decent drop we hit, and both mine and a friends levo stopped at the same time, same day same drop....very strange. Had it another time after a pedal strike. Both times though it has rectified itself by turning on and off. So no suggestions on what its from. . .or a permanant fix. But your not alone.

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
I have had a similar experience. We have a fairly decent drop we hit, and both mine and a friends levo stopped at the same time, same day same drop....very strange. Had it another time after a pedal strike. Both times though it has rectified itself by turning on and off. So no suggestions on what its from. . .or a permanant fix. But your not alone.

This is good to hear. Hopefully it will clear going forward!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles