Levo Gen 2 Updated compatible COIL shock list for Levo 2019 ?

Nakiri

Feb 14, 2022
Brazil
Well, I read the entire 8 pages from this thread

But I find some options are apparently outdated:

- Canecreek DBcoil IL
"PLEASE NOTE: COIL IL shocks are not compatible with Specialized Stumpjumper and Levo frames."

- MAZORCHI / FOX coil shocks
"FOX/Marzocchi does not recommend FOX or Marzocchi coil shocks be used on the following bike models.
Specialized: Kenevo (MY2020-21), Levo (MY2019-21), Levo SL (MY2020-21), Stumpjumper Evo (MY2020-21)"

- DVO JADE shock
"From: Robert Nevins (DVO Suspension Tech)
Hey Eduardo
Unfortunately you can not put our coil shocks on that bike. You will need to go with the Topaz Air shock for that bike. That bike will brake the coil shock shaft. Hope this helps and thanks for considering DVO!! "

I just get it from their websites/email reply.

I know there's the OHLINS and EXT options, but they are too expensive for my brazillian wallet... lol

I'm 95kg (210Lb) geared up. Is it worth it to get a coil shock for my weight, or is it better to stick with the air shock ? if so, is there a good coil shock with an affordable price ? My limit is fo pay US$599 for the new FOX FLOAT X air shock. So, anything good under this value would be an option.

Cheers !

Last edited:

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
IMO, if you are an average rider like me, you should consider a coil if you ride on trails with a lot of chatter or washboard. My local trails are all hardpack clay (I don't think I've ever ridden on loam) with ruts and washboard caused by rain runoff. The coils (EXT and Smashpot) smoothed out the chatter.

The downside of a rear coil (other than cost) on an early Levo is that our rear geo is not very progressive. I'm not saying it's linear (it's not!), but it is not very progressive. I bottom out with a 500 pound linear spring on some drops, even though my weight maps to a 450 pound spring. I bought a variable rate spring, but it doesn't fit over my EXT shock. I think the Ohlins shock body is slightly smaller in diameter.

Nakiri

Feb 14, 2022
Brazil
IMO, if you are an average rider like me, you should consider a coil if you ride on trails with a lot of chatter or washboard. My local trails are all hardpack clay (I don't think I've ever ridden on loam) with ruts and washboard caused by rain runoff. The coils (EXT and Smashpot) smoothed out the chatter.

The downside of a rear coil (other than cost) on an early Levo is that our rear geo is not very progressive. I'm not saying it's linear (it's not!), but it is not very progressive. I bottom out with a 500 pound linear spring on some drops, even though my weight maps to a 450 pound spring. I bought a variable rate spring, but it doesn't fit over my EXT shock. I think the Ohlins shock body is slightly smaller in diameter.

I think we're on the same boat. Average rider, same type of trails. And sometimes all wet/muddy. Some drops, few jumps. EXT shocks are very expensive for me.

EDIT: I was wondering about a DVO Jade shock, but just got an email from DVO tech support....

Well, could not find other shocks with good reviews and affordable prices... Thinking about MEGNEG....

Thanks !

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles