Levo Gen 2 Reliable air shock for Levo Gen 2 S-Works frame

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I have a Fox X2 Factory, and it's been nothing but trouble with this shock. I also have a basic Fox Float DPS shock which seems to be working fine, but the X2 won't stay in good shape for long. After the last full rebuild, I used the shock for two weeks, and now it seems that rebound damping is not working, and even if I release all air, I can't use the full travel anymore.

Update: It seems I fixed the travel issue, but the rebound damping is still not working correctly.

Can anyone recommend a good air shock for Levo Gen 2 S-Works frame?

I'm specifically asking about the S-Works version because, unlike other Gen 2 carbon models, the rear triangle is also made of carbon and flexes like crazy under side load. I had an alloy version before, and I'm pretty sure it did not flex that much. Also, the X2 worked fine with the alloy version for more than a few weeks.

I'm thinking about getting a Rock Shox Super Deluxe Air. Do any of you use it on a Gen 2 S-Works frame? Is it reliable?

Another option is Fox Float X, but I prefer a Rock Shox because, unlike new Fox shocks, my local bike shop can service them.

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Go for RS Super deluxe Ultimate, much cheaper here in Europe than Fox shocks and you have local bike shop who can service it.
It's a good shock and I have it on Stumpy Evo. Evo has pretty much the same suspension geometry. I have also Fox Float X Factory, but RS SDU is much better.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles