Air shock for Kenevo?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Hey there,

I did some searching and didn't see any real reviews or notes on this topics. So, I figured to start a new thread.

Anyways - I am looking to see if anyone has experience with running an air rear shock on the Kenevo (any model). I know that Bikeyoke now has a yoke that allows for a more standard 216x65 shock size, which would enable running air shocks like the Fox X2.

I am asking because, even though my Ohlins is a fantastic rear shock, I do sometimes wish to have some more progressivity on flowier and/or bike park trails. Without having seen the leverage curve for the Kenevo (close I have found is the 2017 Enduro), it seems like there is a bit of regressivity towards the end of the travel, which may contribute to some of the harsher bottom outs I have felt with larger (4-5ft+) drops. I have gone for a MRP progressive rear spring on my Ohlins, which has helped with some bottom out, but I still think there is room for improvement on certain trails. I think that I would end up have two shock options that I can swap over, given that the Ohlins performs great on natural trails without major features or drops. FWIW, I run right at the 30% sag mark with the progressive spring, so I am not too keen to go stiffer on the coil.

Curious to see if anyone is running air, what type of shock, and their experiences. In the end it may not be worth the $$, but definitely worth a discussion. Thanks!

kons

Nov 25, 2020
germany
I have gone for a MRP progressive rear spring on my Ohlins, which has helped with some bottom out, but I still think there is room for improvement on certain trails. I think that I would end up have two shock options that I can swap over, given that the Ohlins performs great on natural trails without major features or drops. FWIW, I run right at the 30% sag mark with the progressive spring, so I am not too keen to go stiffer on the coil.
Hi, the usage of a progressive MRP coil in the Kenevo is very fascinating for me. So I am sorry I do not have any tips to go for air however - maybe you have some Tips to switch to the progressive coil...
  • How did you install this one? Did you also use the Cane Creek Spacer Kit to get it fitted in the Öhlins ttx22m?
  • How did you decide for a type of progressive coil in comparison to the original spring rate?
Thank you for sharing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles