• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Unlocking to US/nz

olivemarquet

Mar 4, 2024
Melbourne Australia
Hi
I am planing to buy a Merida Big 9 with a StEps Ep6 motor. I want to unlock it to 32km/h like in NZ or the US. ( iam on Australia) there seem to be apps around but I am not familiar with the process. Any tips?

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
Hi
I am planing to buy a Merida Big 9 with a StEps Ep6 motor. I want to unlock it to 32km/h like in NZ or the US. ( iam on Australia) there seem to be apps around but I am not familiar with the process. Any tips?
EP6 may not work unless you get a license from emax and do a remote session. You’ll need the PCE02 interface and a Windows computer as well.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
eMax-Tuning based exclusively on software is the only solution globally that can accelerate any EP801 or EP6 based bike without disadvantages or errors in the long run. There is no other tuning for a bike with these new drive units in the world other than eMax-Tuning available and Shimano still claims that it is not possible to optimise this drive unit. 😉
All external dongles will create E295 and E299 errors and crash the disk drive.
Already optimizing several hundred bikes with these new EP801 and EP6 drive units in recent months, eMax-Tuning based exclusively on software is the only solution globally that can accelerate any EP801 or EP6 based bike without disadvantages or long-term errors. There is no other tuning for a bike with these new drive units in the world other than eMax-Tuning available and Shimano still claims that it is not possible to optimise this drive unit. 😉
All external dongles will create E295 and E299 errors and crash the disk drive.
optimised several hundred bikes with these new EP801 and EP6 drive units in recent months
The price of the personalized service ✅ for a single remote control session including the license key corresponding to the bike (necessary to accelerate the bike) will be €119 (19% VAT included).
Surely any modification like this tune-up will void the warranty and if you don't restore the bike to the original condition, your warranty will most likely disappear.
However, with these tuning possibilities you will be able to return the bike to the original condition.
Once the optimization is done, you can change the maximum. Speed adjustments also via Bluetooth-based eMaxMobileApp (for iOS and Android) in the range of 25 km/h – 50 km/h for as long and as often as you want. 😊
Things to know: ✅
You should always reset the bike to full condition without modifications if you take it to a regular bike shop (or Shimano), otherwise, you can void the warranty!
With a PCE02 interface, it's pretty easy to reset your EP801/EP6 based bike to its original state on your own.
Learn more. ✅
[email protected]

image002.png

Last edited:

focuspocusSAM²

Feb 25, 2024
New Zealand
Hi
Dunno bout shimano but mine derestricted from 32kh to 50kmh but really is 45kmh but still assist to 50kmh bosch. Can never go back...lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles