Under shorts padded liner?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Ok this is a weird question, or maybe not.... anyhow..

Does anyone know where I can buy padded liners for riding short/trousers?

I've tried searching and maybe im missing something but cant find any.

I've got a padded liner with my Endura MT500's (this: Endura Padded Liner Shorts | Merlin Cycles) but the leg part is too long so want a version without the legs (sort of like this but with a pad 3" Boxer Brief)

Cheers

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There are some option out there, first ones that spring to mind are also from Endura who make two boxer type shorts

and

There are also these, but may be too long for you:

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
There are some option out there, first ones that spring to mind are also from Endura who make two boxer type shorts

and

There are also these, but may be too long for you:

Thanks R120, Looking at them they look great but looking for something probably half the length of the Endura's above - so really short if possible. Its a right mission :)

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Endura padded liner shorts

Thanks Steve - I have those, they came with my MT500's.

I've photoshopped the photo to show what I'm looking for (ie chopping off the leg bits), turning out to be hard!

Untitled.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
really short if possible
ALDI and LIDL used to do exactly what you are looking for but as they were aimed at the casual cyclist wearing normal clothing over them the padding was always fairly minimal. A selection of padded undershorts with more of a Trunk/Boxer fit is usually available from Ebay and Ali Express
Padded lycra cycling short legs are almost always longer than you are looking for to avoid inner thigh chafing while pedalling. Especailly at the hem.

May we ask what your reason is for needing them so short?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
ALDI and LIDL used to do exactly what you are looking for but as they were aimed at the casual cyclist wearing normal clothing over them the padding was always fairly minimal. A selection of padded undershorts with more of a Trunk/Boxer fit is usually available from Ebay and Ali Express
Padded lycra cycling short legs are almost always longer than you are looking for to avoid inner thigh chafing while pedalling. Especailly at the hem.

May we ask what your reason is for needing them so short?

Cheers Gary ?

Its purely Ive been finding my Endura liners too tight at the base of the legs where there is a rubber type stretch ring section. I cut that bit off an older pair which made them spot on but has resulted in fraying so thought there could be a shorter alternative.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Cheers Gary ?

Its purely Ive been finding my Endura liners too tight at the base of the legs where there is a rubber type stretch ring section. I cut that bit off an older pair which made them spot on but has resulted in fraying so thought there could be a shorter alternative.

The Endura Engineered Boxer II does not have anything on the bottom of the leg section. I have both, the one that comes with the shorts and it is tight on the leg and the rubber grip at the bottom has almost created bald patches on my thighs.

The engineered boxer does not have any form of grip at the bottom of the legs and is also shorter, best of all a much more comfortable pad as it's designed for longer rides. I'll be getting some more of them to replace the other liners I have.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
The Endura Engineered Boxer II does not have anything on the bottom of the leg section. I have both, the one that comes with the shorts and it is tight on the leg and the rubber grip at the bottom has almost created bald patches on my thighs.

The engineered boxer does not have any form of grip at the bottom of the legs and is also shorter, best of all a much more comfortable pad as it's designed for longer rides. I'll be getting some more of them to replace the other liners I have.

Cheers ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles