Impact liner shorts

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I wear Under Armour compression shorts under Leatt armoured shorts with chamois. UA kit is anti bacterial and wicking .making it far more hygienic next to the skin. A chamois direct on your bum is a recipe for infection!!

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
I don't like chamois and started using the Leatt 3 impact shorts recently - sufficiently comfortable that I don't notice them after a short time and I can drive the car with them on. I'll pick up a second pair eventually.
I wonder how many pro rider rider without them all the time? Come to think of it how many avid mt. biker wear or don't wear them. Then throw in longer rides and see if that number changes.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
The young and invulnerable have no use for armor. Us elderly citizens with a collection of injuries know better :)

Coincidentally I had a hard fall this morning landing on my hip and shoulder so the impact shorts were helpful. Got a bent spoke from the stick that jammed my rear wheel and a bent hanger; the AXS seems fine though even though it was plugged with dirt.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
The young and invulnerable have no use for armor. Us elderly citizens with a collection of injuries know better :)

Coincidentally I had a hard fall this morning landing on my hip and shoulder so the impact shorts were helpful. Got a bent spoke from the stick that jammed my rear wheel and a bent hanger; the AXS seems fine though even though it was plugged with dirt.
while some young riders don't use armor other do. yes as a general rule they bounce back quicker and besides wearing armor means you can do crazier things:ROFLMAO:!

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
I wear Under Armour compression shorts under Leatt armoured shorts with chamois. UA kit is anti bacterial and wicking .making it far more hygienic next to the skin. A chamois direct on your bum is a recipe for infection!!
Most liner short with a chamois sewn in them are designed to be worn as a first layer. In that case as long your washing them & you between use it is not a recipe for infection it's the proper way to wear them. If your wearing them several times before washing that would indeed increase the risk of infection.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
I just got some rugged 2 knee pads to add to my body armor. After receiving them and trying them on I ordered some matching elbow pads. Time will tell how good they are but, initial impression are very good. Not to be confused with the set that has full shin protection these have a small pad below the knee that will add a slight bit of protection in addition to what seem to be great knee protection. Now that it's getting cooler out I won't be able see how they are wearing in hot weather but will test everything else including machine washing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles