Tyre Pressure Sensors?

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Hi, is anyone using tyre pressure sensors and if so which ones. The Quarz ones are super expensive and seem to have variable reviews.

Colin46

Aug 11, 2023
United Kingdom
My new trek fuel ex-e came with quartz tyrewiz sensors and they are superb and accurate. I no longer need to keep checking tyre pressures

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Tyre pressure sensors are puzzlement to me. I have a digital tyre pressure gauge and use it every time before I ride. That way, I know that the pressures I require are correct for what I plan to ride and also temperature appropriate. Checking before every ride also alerts me to when I need to top up my sealant.

Sealant. Ah yes, I regularly have to either clean or discard Presta valves because they get cogged by sealant. What will that do to the Quartz Tyrewiz? (I always leave my bike parked with the valves at the bottom, but the valves still get clogged).

Yikes! I just looked at the cost!! £215 for a pair (and that was with a 15% discount). There are other things I would rather spend £215 on.

Colin46

Aug 11, 2023
United Kingdom
Tyre pressure sensors are puzzlement to me. I have a digital tyre pressure gauge and use it every time before I ride. That way, I know that the pressures I require are correct for what I plan to ride and also temperature appropriate. Checking before every ride also alerts me to when I need to top up my sealant.

Sealant. Ah yes, I regularly have to either clean or discard Presta valves because they get cogged by sealant. What will that do to the Quartz Tyrewiz? (I always leave my bike parked with the valves at the bottom, but the valves still get clogged).

Yikes! I just looked at the cost!! £215 for a pair (and that was with a 15% discount). There are other things I would rather spend £215 on.
Pressure monitors give you a real time update as you ride, which is and it saves having to take a pressure reading before each ride which I could never be bothered to do. I’ve never had a valve clog with tyre sealant.

mine came on the bike so the price was irrelevant, yes they are pricey but in the whole scheme of the overall cost totally worth it to me

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Over a two month period I might lose a few psi on the front/rear after riding 5-6 times a week. The psi sensor’s seems like a good idea but I don’t think I need them since I changed my valves. Filmore Valves, 35mmx29” wheels, Maxis Asigia DD 2.6”, CushCore Plus(rear only), Muckoff sealant, 22-24psi compressed fresh air. 😉.

There’s been several times where I thought I popped or ruined my tire after hitting an edge on a rock…but no, they were fine. I use to diligently check the psi before each ride but now I can’t be bothered …I just give them a squeeze (tires).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles