Help with tyre pressures

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
Update on the above been riding now with 25psi and its a massive improvement over lower pressures.
Thanks for the advice.
Tbh though still not loving the maxxis tyres.
Previously found more confidence on a specialized butcher on the front of my last bike and an e wild on the rear.

25psi F/R is still very low IMO. perhaps try 25psi front and 30psi rear.i find most bikes/riders prefer this range (25psi-to-35psi, terrain dependent).

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
but maxxis assegai/dhr is a great combo.

Schwalbe is good too but have had too many bad fits lately.

Agree on two counts.

Sometimes I'd like to try some more Schwalbe offerings. I ran them almost exclusively until about two years ago, and all I can remember is how tight they were on my rims. Seriously... every tire had to be wrestled on. But then on the bright side, they were really easy to seat. Regardless, I'll not be going back.

Regarding the Assegai/DHR2...
I recently installed my first DHR2 in quite a while. I've been running Dissectors for at least a year. I got fed up because I'm barely getting 400 miles out of them. Now that I'm on the DHR's again, I've noticed some differences. The Dissectors hook up great. They take a little effort to pitch sideways, and when they let go, they really let go. When you lean the DHR's over, it doesn't take as much effort to get them moving a little sideways, but the transition is gradual. At least it seems that way right now. I only have about 100 miles on this combo, but so far they're not showing much wear or damage.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles