Other Turbo levo S Works Fatty 2018 One select button on remote stopped working

jonny strauss

Apr 9, 2020
Switzerland
Hi all. '+', turbo and assist buttons working on remote but '-' doesn't. The up / down on the battery works ok. So i have to use the '-' button on the battery then use the remote for '+'. Before i buy a new remote, is there anything to try? Is it worth opening up the remote to see if there's a loose connection or something? I'm no e-whizz. Thanks a lot.

pocii

Apr 9, 2022
Germany
would be water-damaged or the switch is broken. if you have no soldering skills or equipment....no chance

jonny strauss

Apr 9, 2020
Switzerland
Hiya, i can solder if a wire's come off but i wouldn't be so good at diagnosing the issue if i look in there and it's not immediately obvious. I was just wondering if someone else had button issues and generally it was x, y or z...common pattern if you like. But yes, if its water damage then it's a replacement...end of. Generally careful with water so maybe the wire was tugged too hard or something.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think historically, when anyones had a problem they seem to have just changed the controller.

It could be the connection at the motor end, or the cable could have snagged or just broken over time. I guess you've nothing to lose if you take it apart and look.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Most likely the remote water damaged. Pull the motor cover and check where it plugs into the motor first. It’s a small flat plug.
I could not get a 2018 remote as there were none available. Had to get a 2020+ remote and seperate patch lead.
The remote plug on this does not fit through the carbon frame, but believe it fits the alloy frame. I had to cut and splice the wires to fit. The patch lead box fits in the space above the battery.

jonny strauss

Apr 9, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks Outerlimits. I've got it booked in for replacement. I also couldn't get hold of the 2018 one. Was told also to use the 2020+ which i was going to do, then discovered the adapter costs more than the remote! So i gave up and booked it in, in the hope they'd have a stock version. Let's see if they do. But thx for your reply.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles