Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Yeah I tried and XL and an L, the XL fitted better but the stand over was too high for me.

Was really annoying TBH as the bike was a lot of fun to ride, definitely best jumping EMTB I have tried ( not hitting anything big, but super easy to pop off trail features) but I just didn’t get along with the fit enough to pull the trigger. Basically felt like I was sitting more on the bike rather than in it if that makes sense.

I think the SL concept is perfectly suited to my local riding in Surrey Hills, as there nothing super gnarly here and no crazy long climbs, what you are really looking for is a burly trail bike that’s easy to manoeuvre on the trails and can handle being thrown around a bit and the odd (or frequent in my case) sketchy landing.
Totally get you man, don’t get me wrong I sometimes wish for my old ff levo expert on long fire road climbs haha, wish I could have 1 of each, but I’d end up wishing I had a diff bike while out on the trail. Looking forward to see what comes out tbh, there’s plenty lads selling enduros and mega towers for a stumpy evo / Hightower’s as the big enduros can be trail numbing. If spesh marketing good no doubt I’ll be interested haha

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
The SL is kind of premature until solid state batteries come along.

They will make SL concepts a reality and also bring down the weight of full power bikes.

Maybe when that happens I'll consider one.

I do like the look of that enduro SL though
What do you mean by 'solid state batteries' , can you please explain?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I'm looking forward to seeing Graphene batteries in mainstream
Graphene is good for high discharge, I've used them in the past for racing quadcopters and even ebikes. They don't get as hot as normal Lithium polymer cells when drained quickly

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
There are no true graphene batteries on the market. Just fake ones.

Solid state batteries are batteries that don't use liquid electrolytes. They are going to be a game changer in energy density as they are stacked like credit cards. They will save weight and offer more energy and reliability.
Show me some examples? Sounds like you've been watching too much Star Trek.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I snuck a video of the Specialized test team using their new battery tech. It’s not as bulky as it looks.
9FBE0115-548D-4AF4-9BD1-F90F2E19BF8A.gif

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
Who knows... All I will say is the geo was out of date when they launched it..
Also the 2022 levo will have the same motor as 2021
geo out of date? my 2021 kicks ass. I ride it down some sketchy ass shit here in the PNW. no problems. love it!!! does your geo limit what you do with your Levo? just curious...

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
geo out of date? my 2021 kicks ass. I ride it down some sketchy ass shit here in the PNW. no problems. love it!!! does your geo limit what you do with your Levo? just curious...
Doesnt for me - took it down the uci fort bill wc track without any problems and thats known as a bike killer ?

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
Nope, rode everything at a good pace on the levo 2020 S works, upgraded forks to 160, x2 shock, Mary’s both ends, mrp ramp in forks, Cush core in rear. Bought a 9.8 rail, first ride 7pb’s two top 10’s in the Dh stuff up cwmcarn, that was before I set it up... bloke I bought it off looked 2 stone lighter than me so I wanged 15 psi in the forks and went straight out, lot to be said for geo. I will change tyres and possibly the shock on the rail, great bike

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Nope, rode everything at a good pace on the levo 2020 S works, upgraded forks to 160, x2 shock, Mary’s both ends, mrp ramp in forks, Cush core in rear. Bought a 9.8 rail, first ride 7pb’s two top 10’s in the Dh stuff up cwmcarn, that was before I set it up... bloke I bought it off looked 2 stone lighter than me so I wanged 15 psi in the forks and went straight out, lot to be said for geo. I will change tyres and possibly the shock on the rail, great bike

Is that a relevant comparison though?

comparing a trail focused bike with a more enduro focused bike on DH?

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
Is that a relevant comparison though?

comparing a trail focused bike with a more enduro focused bike on DH?
I was answering a question, he referred to ‘going down sketchy ass shit’ and asked if the levo geo limited me, the answer is no it didn’t but the rail does it better, it also climbs the techy stuff better, easier to pop up over rocks etc. The brose pulls slightly better, but that’s when it’s not ripping belts up... can’t comment on Bosch reliability yet

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I was answering a question, he referred to ‘going down sketchy ass shit’ and asked if the levo geo limited me, the answer is no it didn’t but the rail does it better, it also climbs the techy stuff better, easier to pop up over rocks etc. The brose pulls slightly better, but that’s when it’s not ripping belts up... can’t comment on Bosch reliability yet

I was simply asking one too mate ??

Not going to get into a debate on what’s best when clearly intended use and variables are always different. Glad you like your new bike. The rails look awesome. When the batteries aren’t falling out obviously ?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
They are both the same amount of travel so yes ?

Fair enough, but didn’t the levo start life and was designed around 150mm not 160mm?

Don’t think anyone would argue the levo is more trail orientated and the rail enduro?

Maybe a better comparison for the type of riding Craig was doing would be the kenevo? Either way. It’s great to have such choices ????

gabryp

Feb 17, 2021
Italy
I’m really interested in knowing if there’s gonna be a major design/geometry change, like between 18/19 models

Steyoner

Feb 20, 2021
Portugal
my LBS was on the presentation in barcelona, via zoom. the kenevo SL is enduro based, mulleted , with smaller motor and with range extender option. as for the levo comes 160/150 .there is an "switch" to change the head angle on the fly and a the same for the rear that move the wheelbase bigger or smaller, thats what they told me in sumary. between another things ofcourse.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
my LBS was on the presentation in barcelona, via zoom. the kenevo SL is enduro based, mulleted , with smaller motor and with range extender option. as for the levo comes 160/150 .there is an "switch" to change the head angle on the fly and a the same for the rear that move the wheelbase bigger or smaller, thats what they told me in sumary. between another things ofcourse.
Pictures or it didn't happen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles