Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
So, I have had my basic Levo for two years now. I guess there should be a completely new model 2022.
My whishlist:
1. More waterproof engine and the cable from battery to engine
2. More room in the rear triangle for wider tires. It's tight now and real issues mounting a mud guard
3. Even more suspension travel
4. Lighter

jerryx2000

Aug 18, 2020
Winterthur
maxresdefault.jpg

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
@jerryx2000 So what are you saying. Im too dim to work it out ? A battery and no motor ? 2-x front derailleurs? Enduro
= front-end?

So, I have had my basic Levo for two years now. I guess there should be a completely new model 2022.
My whishlist:
1. More waterproof engine and the cable from battery to engine
2. More room in the rear triangle for wider tires. It's tight now and real issues mounting a mud guard
3. Even more suspension travel
4. Lighter
I'd like a Specialized range extender, a small but effective mud guard on the rear and weight reduction by at least 3Kg.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Direct from the CEO of Specialized:

1. Refreshed geometry 160-170 fork, 160 rear end
2. New TCU IP67 rated
3. Dynamic assist mode
4. All new motor IP57 rated
5. Revamped Butcher and Ground Control tires
6. Improved smartphone connectivity

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
Which makes it the new Kenevo more than the new Levo. But they could also use it for the next gen Levo to with different spec due to the variable Geo. This brings costs down for Spesh, One frame design for both bikes.
Think its going to be a stump jumper with a motor, Not really interested in adjusting head angle, Think they should set it to what works, Trek, merida and whyte have...
Id prefer motor reliability, im on my 5th now, they've all been changed same day no quibble, The after sales is the best iv had, but pushing that thing over mountains has cooked my sweed. Not sure i want to pay another 10k for something i know will fail over and over again. id have got a rail before now if id known specialized were keeping the brose, also concerned on the 504 errors the bosch motors are getting.

Woody2

Jul 29, 2020
New Zealand
I have a 2022 model on back order with my LBS via the insurance company. When do they generally release the specs, is it when the new models are officially launched? I couldn't find anything on the interweb...

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
Updated geo for sure, maybe even smaller battery options, 350wt internal, with optional external extender would be the shit! With full power motor! This would get the weight down to the low 40lbs range. I'd buy immediately.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Its a long wait for the 2022 model.

2022 Levo is due in a couple of months and will still have the Brose motor, that's from a very reliable source but they wouldn't divulge anymore information

Woody2

Jul 29, 2020
New Zealand
2022 Levo is due in a couple of months and will still have the Brose motor, that's from a very reliable source but they wouldn't divulge anymore information
Yes agreed - I have been told late delivery late March or April but no detail on any updates from 2021 model (guessing minimal) with very limited stock arriving at this stage anyway.

gabryp

Feb 17, 2021
Italy
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, don't have an e-bike yet but I'm planning to buy a Turbo Levo since last year.
By seeing this discussion now I've got some doubts; because for me it's quite an important investment, I would be a bit upset if I bought a new bike only to find out that a few days later new models comes out...
When do you think the new 2022 models will be available in southern Europe? I would like to have the bike before summer and the original plan was to get it around mid-March.
Do you think it will be better to wait or take the 21 model?

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, don't have an e-bike yet but I'm planning to buy a Turbo Levo since last year.
By seeing this discussion now I've got some doubts; because for me it's quite an important investment, I would be a bit upset if I bought a new bike only to find out that a few days later new models comes out...
When do you think the new 2022 models will be available in southern Europe? I would like to have the bike before summer and the original plan was to get it around mid-March.
Do you think it will be better to wait or take the 21 model?

I’d check with your lbs that you can get a new model before summer, I think the first batch will go very quickly, then it’s waiting on more to be made and shipped out, E bikes are like mermaids to get hold of atm.

gabryp

Feb 17, 2021
Italy
Unfortunately at the moment nobody looks to know anything about the 22 models, so I really don't know exactly what to do... I would also like to see the new colours for next year, cause I really liked the red version, but it's not available in my country on the 21 models:rolleyes:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
These bikes are too expensive to keep having to replace regularly to stay up to date
You don't have to replace regularly "to stay upto date". You only have to replace if you want the "latest". Most recent upgrades are changes to parts which anyone could still "upgrade" if they wanted to. Or be content that the amazing bike you bought it the first place isn't any less amazing 1 day later just because there's an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles