Tubeless Tyre Inflators

EMTB Dude

Nov 16, 2021
West Yorkshire
I’ve inflated my tubeless tyres with an air compressor with much success in the past, but wondered if anyone has used the AIRSHOT tyre inflator and can you recommend it
E7DBDAB9-DDD3-42E5-AED1-DCAF0C7F8A71.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have used one for years. Brilliant bit of kit. not only does it seal the tyre but you can leave your track pump connected and increase pressure in the tyre once the high pressure blast has finished............typically a 2.5 tyre will be at a bout 24 psi after the airshot is exhausted and then pushing that up to 35psi ensures the bead is fully seated ( aided by some wheel bouncing!). Also usefull to fill and take with you in the car/van when going for a ride so you have it ready if you need to reinfalte a tyre a fter losing pressure due to a puncture.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The Airshot has been faultless for me and I would replace immediately if it was stolen. 100% recommended. :love:

Remove the valve core from the Presta valve on the wheel and connect the Airshot hose. Inflate the Airshot to about 130psi (more if you have tyres larger than 29x2.6) and then release the Airshot to inflate the tyre. It has always pushed the tyre beads onto the rim and holds air, but it may not be 100% engaged. Then remove the Airshot connector and swiftly replace the valve core. I only lose some of the pressure in the tyre. Then connect your track pump and inflate to at least 50psi unless you get one or more "BANGS" as the tyre bead engages properly onto the bead. As usual, check the tyre indicators next to the rim for even installation.

Removing the valve core allows the air to flow in at the maximum rate and gets a better and more consistent result in my experience. But we all have our preferences, if it works, it works.

If I was to keep pumping the Airshot until the beads BANG, then there would be more pumping than strictly necessary as I would be inflating the tyre and the Airshot together.

Dannage

May 28, 2022
UK
I swapped to the Topeak Joe Blow Booster and its excellent. Pump upto 160psi, pop tyre on, put in sealant, put some water around the bead to allow the moisture to slip the grippy rubber into place and then release the air into the tyre. Few pops as it seats the bead and done.

On offer at wiggle too - Joe Blow Booster Track Pump

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
+1 for the air shot, bought one a year ago and now end up doing not only my tyres but my riding mates as well. Works as advertised 👍

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
For those of you on a budget, I had a similar contraption back in the 80's for use on my motocross bike. Start with an old Freon bottle, add whatever fittings that are needed, et voilà! You now have a fancy tire inflator.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles