Trek fuel ex 8 not in line with Trek literature

Acousticmood

Apr 1, 2021
So Cal
Hey all, this is a bit embarrassing. I bought my 2017 Trek fuel ex8 in 2018 from a lbs. According to the Trek website it included a fox 34 fork. I was just now looking to increase the travel by using the foxtune website. I took it to another local bike shop and only now discovered that my bike had a 2016 Fox 32 fork rather than a 34.

i obviously didn’t pay enough attention until now. What would you do?

Mr_Price

Feb 27, 2021
North Vancouver
Not sure it helps much but from what a can see Trek releases it’s frames with a huge variety of components and the website doesn’t always reflect what is out there. Even harder to compare previous year models. And 3 years later. WWID? Suck it up and ride the hell out of it, if it keeps bothering you it’s time to flex your plastic friend and try to find a 2021 fork ??

Acousticmood

Apr 1, 2021
So Cal
Not sure it helps much but from what a can see Trek releases it’s frames with a huge variety of components and the website doesn’t always reflect what is out there. Even harder to compare previous year models. And 3 years later. WWID? Suck it up and ride the hell out of it, if it keeps bothering you it’s time to flex your plastic friend and try to find a 2021 fork ??
Yea - I would have still bought it had I known it was a 32 and I have been riding the heck out of it. Just curious I guess and I thought all this time I had something different. I’m going to have it serviced and if possible upgrade the parts for a larger travel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles