Fuel EXe Trek Fuel Ex-e - Pairing Issue

MatthewM

Feb 22, 2023
Scotland
Hello Everyone

I purchased my Trek Fuel Ex-e 9.5 back in November. I've had an ongoing issue with connecting the Trek Central App since my purchase.

I initially took it to my dealer in November to check for Firmware Issues/Errors but it came back clean. They did submit a request to Trek for comment on the issue, however Trek's last response was that there would be an app update out at the start of February that would resolve the issue. I've since re-downloaded the app and the issue continues.

The issue is as follows - I've installed the app, logged into my account, I then find the bike through the app, the pairing code then appears on the bike and then I enter the code and the error occurs - "Something went wrong".

What the dealer and I have tried
  • Tried multiple different phones, both IOS and Android, none of them work
  • Resetting the bike (Holding down power + down on remote)
  • Checking for firmware update back in November
  • Removing the Bluetooth connection to the bike from the phone
  • Removing/Reconnecting Battery
I've tried contacting the email address associated with App on the Android store but get the following response - "Thank you for contacting Trek! Unfortunately this email address is no longer in service or monitored"

I thought this was a good place to post to see if anyone else has experienced the issue and/or resolved it?

I saw a TQ representative was active on this forum so was wondering if they could provide some input on the issue @Roman

Thank you

visionone

Feb 23, 2023
Houston
I just got my bike today, same bike and having exact same issue. I did some research and I think it's because the bike needs a firmware update. I hope that's all it is. I will bring it back to the trek dealer and find out.

Trygg

Feb 23, 2023
Oregon
Hello Everyone

I purchased my Trek Fuel Ex-e 9.5 back in November. I've had an ongoing issue with connecting the Trek Central App since my purchase.

I initially took it to my dealer in November to check for Firmware Issues/Errors but it came back clean. They did submit a request to Trek for comment on the issue, however Trek's last response was that there would be an app update out at the start of February that would resolve the issue. I've since re-downloaded the app and the issue continues.

The issue is as follows - I've installed the app, logged into my account, I then find the bike through the app, the pairing code then appears on the bike and then I enter the code and the error occurs - "Something went wrong".

What the dealer and I have tried
  • Tried multiple different phones, both IOS and Android, none of them work
  • Resetting the bike (Holding down power + down on remote)
  • Checking for firmware update back in November
  • Removing the Bluetooth connection to the bike from the phone
  • Removing/Reconnecting Battery
I've tried contacting the email address associated with App on the Android store but get the following response - "Thank you for contacting Trek! Unfortunately this email address is no longer in service or monitored"

I thought this was a good place to post to see if anyone else has experienced the issue and/or resolved it?

I saw a TQ representative was active on this forum so was wondering if they could provide some input on the issue @Roman

Thank you
I spoke with Trek support who advised me that this problem occurs in Project One bikes because of issues unique to the building of these bikes and creation of their serial numbers. It is a known issue and is being addressed by their software folks.

visionone

Feb 23, 2023
Houston
I spoke with Trek support who advised me that this problem occurs in Project One bikes because of issues unique to the building of these bikes and creation of their serial numbers. It is a known issue and is being addressed by their software folks.
What is Project One Bikes???
Edit: I looked up Project One and it looks like those are the custom made bikes.
Mine is not custom, and is 'off the shelf'.
I will update once the dealer update the firmware on the bike this weekend.

MatthewM

Feb 22, 2023
Scotland
My bike is also not a "project one" version. I've taken my bike to the dealer and will be picking it up tomorrow, hopefully the latest firmware updates fixes the issue. I will update everyone with the results

visionone

Feb 23, 2023
Houston
Just an update to anyone experience this issue still. A firmware update for the bike solved the issue
I’m glad to hear that. Mine didn’t work even after the update , but I’m not sure if the techs really know what they were doing really. I ended up swapping for another exact bike that was in the store that connects with no issues.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Have you tried using the TQ app instead of the trek central app? If it's a bug with the trek central app,maybe the tq app will work fine.

Link for the tq app in the android store below, it connects fine to my fuel exe

Last edited:

lunchbox23

May 18, 2023
USA
Just picked up my Fuel EXe and I'm running into the same pairing issue as well. It asks for the code when pairing and then gives the error "Something went wrong. Bike type not found" (I've made sure the code is correct). Tried on two different Android phones and an iPhone, no bueno.

Followed @MatthewM's advice and took it to Trek for a software update, but I'm still unable to pair it with my phone.

The TQ app mentioned above does work however. Paired on the first try. However I'd really like to use the Trek Central app as it has activity tracking features as well.

Anyone have any advice? Thinking about taking it to another Trek location and having them attempt the update.

Last edited:

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
Hi everybody , I have this problem with my Trek app in my IPhone , It is connecting by Bluetooth but it is sending a message that < Internet connection is needed for initial bike configuration > the phone is connected to the internet , any body could give advise?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles