Trance E+3 no pump?

Abcdesign

Jul 14, 2020
Doncaster
New Trance just taken deliver in store, should you not get a shock pump included?, for £3,700 so you can set up the bike, I could understand no pedals, (my wife has a Gaint Liv that came with pedals so she could set it up in store! more money you spend less you get! !

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Bikes don’t generally come with pumps. You could ask the supplying dealer to throw one in for free but that’s nothing to do with Giant.
Hope you like the bike though and welcome to the forum.

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
Never heard of a bike coming with an air pump for the suspension but my bike shop set the sag for me when I bought the bike. That was part of the purchase process. They "fit" the bike for you. I am sure since you just bought the bike if you ask them to they will set it for you

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Sellers of expensive bikes like that tend to assume that riders already have their own pedals, shorts, riding shoes, gloves, helmet, and shock pump!
I would not trust a bike shop to set up my bike for me. My track record is poor in that respect.

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
Sellers of expensive bikes like that tend to assume that riders already have their own pedals, shorts, riding shoes, gloves, helmet, and shock pump!
I would not trust a bike shop to set up my bike for me. My track record is poor in that respect.
Agreed about the assumption the rider would have those parts. As far as trusting the shop, thats unfortunate you dont trust your shop but for me they did it with me there, thats how they got the proper weight to set the sag so its pretty easy to confirm it was done correctly.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I had a free pump with my 2008 Trance 3. Another with my 2012 Anthem X. But nothing with my 2019 E bike. They’ll stop putting tyres on soon as they’re down to personal taste ;)

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Never heard of a bike coming with an air pump for the suspension but my bike shop set the sag for me when I bought the bike. That was part of the purchase process. They "fit" the bike for you. I am sure since you just bought the bike if you ask them to they will set it for you
When I bought my 2012 trek fuel ex8, new, it came with a bontrager shock pump. Many bikes used to back then. It was my first air fork and first full sus, so obviously I just looked at the pump mystified :ROFLMAO: I still have it - the bike and the pump

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
So true! I've always spent an hour or two setting up my bike after collecting it. Even a new ktm 990 smt - in the carpark! It was low on oil, the chain was too tight, and the settings on each fork leg were set up differently :oops: . I've never found suspension to be in the ball park - despite them setting sag etc. Brakes, gears, cockpit - anything that can be adjusted is usually out. With my emtb, surprisingly, tyre pressures were very close - they usually go too hard (suspension too). Needless to say I've never taken advantage of the "first free service" for motorbike, car or bicycle.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles