Trail Gnome, new trail and old growth spruce

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Not sure if it's a thing world wide but over the years I have run across little things like this in my travels at least here in the US. This one has UK implications and thought I would share.

IMG_2785.JPG

Bonus points for the first to identify it.

Never would have seen it but I was on a new to me trail that was a spur of the one I had followed down that ultimately said trail closed on the other end

IMG_2786.JPG

But for the center section being a bit dodgy and hike a bike that was being worked on by someone that I need to get ahold of to offer my assistance. It is a nice dh trail that has great possibilities as a go to short ride as it is about a 10 mile loop from my house.

And it goes close by this tree.

IMG_2437.JPG

As I think we have all found out eBikes are the best for exploring new terrain because you don't have to think twice about about going up/down an unknown trail and finding it to be a dead end.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Yeah, it is way too big to get in one frame for sure. It's at least 80' to the first branches:eek: Funny thing is that I have made it a thing over the last 50 years to seek out old growth trees here in the PNW and end up living within a mile of not only that one but others scattered about the immediate area.
IMG_2429.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
is that one of those naff roadside ( trail side) memorials marking where the last mtb er met their end?? We had one around here which was a huge and probably very expensive floral wreath but the spelling was wrong! It read "My ANGLE"

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
is that one of those naff roadside ( trail side) memorials marking where the last mtb er met their end?? We had one around here which was a huge and probably very expensive floral wreath but the spelling was wrong! It read "My ANGLE"

That is doubtful because it was pretty much a hiking trail that accessed the south side of a small ocean front village.

Actually this trail I was on parallels a section of the Coast Bike Route. Further down towards town there is a white bike, which here in the US designates bike death, and why I don't ride on that road. There is a back way into town that is only doable by bike however with no memorials, naff or otherwise that I consider to be safe enough and a nice ride to boot.

And not Little Red Riding Hood, a character popular in the UK, as well as Worldwide, to youth of yore is the best hint I can give.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The pony looks like one from the "My Little Pony" series of figurines and books my daughter collected as a child.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
It's funny how you see something and immediately put it into a slot and then don't focus on it again. I plead Measure 91....

We had the complete Asterix and Obelix series for our kids and it's now in a box in storage. Never got into Tin Tin or Babar with them.

This thread needs some Scotch Broom Bloom....

9E1801B7-05BC-4255-BDBD-5119C7456D58.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles