Trail Animals

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Seals.... by the bucket load..... Anyone want a bucket of seals ??

PXL_20220204_123506183.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Agree . Just looking where your from . Im in Whistler just now. I would love to be here in summer for some biking its a lot better than my skiing.
Hey awesome. I was in Whistler before the snow and the trails were great. Tame but great. Did an ride one day on the lower trails with three others. Was so much fun. But Iโ€™m not ready for the A-line ๐Ÿ˜ฑ.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Last edited:

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Be careful out there -
Yup, as mentioned by @Tim1023 , Iโ€™ve had to replace two lots of windscreen wipers thanks to these wonderful birds - and thatโ€™s just visiting S Island.
And theyโ€™re so pretty. Itโ€™s not clear on the vid - do better next time ๐Ÿคฃ - but whilst they are that green colour on top, theyโ€™re an amazing red-pink under their wings which flashes wonderfully in flight. They put Magpies to shame ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Are they a type of Husky ? .
Yah, I think so? I canโ€™t figure out the one though โ€ฆlooks like a white Doberman and was definitely the pack leader. Iโ€™ve run into these guys a number of times but usually in a group of 6 dogs. That white Doberman keeps everyone in line.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Careful - I used to run and would regularly encounter 3 collie/ rottweiler crosses ( colouring of collies builds of rottweilers ) they'd always bark at me and chase, totally ignoring their owners calls. If I stopped they'd back off but then give chase again if I continued my run. After about 18 months of encountering them on at least a weekly basis one of them decided to come in for the kill and bit my thigh - Boy did I let the owner know what I thought of his dog handling skills.

Remember - 2 apex predators ....
Wolf and Ape.
Don't betray your species ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘
"ducks and runs"......

Last edited:

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yah, I think so? I canโ€™t figure out the one though โ€ฆlooks like a white Doberman and was definitely the pack leader. Iโ€™ve run into these guys a number of times but usually in a group of 6 dogs. That white Doberman keeps everyone in line.
I got chased many years ago by a pack getting a early morning walk from kennals. I was at top of downhill so decided to outrun them. I never went so fast in my life feet slipping off the pedals in panic. All Rottweilers in my mind , never got me though.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
โ€ฆone of them decided to come in for the kill and bit my thigh
Yikes ๐Ÿ˜ณ.
I never been bitten but occasionally get chased while riding. If it gets serious I stop and remove my riding glasses (slightly tinted). They seem to calm down after that. If theyโ€™re in a pack it could get serious.
I donโ€™t know what the right way is though.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
When we've ridden in Spain, we often pass farms or villas in the middle of nowhere, so I get the need for keeping noisy aggressive dogs but it's scary if the gates are open and you can't see their chain. Always drop a gear and get ready to pedal like f#ck!

Last edited:

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Yikes ๐Ÿ˜ณ.
I never been bitten but occasionally get chased while riding. If it gets serious I stop and remove my riding glasses (slightly tinted). They seem to calm down after that. If theyโ€™re in a pack it could get serious.
funnily enough they'd obviously discussed it beforehand on this particular occasion - for the first time they went to all 3 (??) points of the compass, which meant whichever way I went I was heading to at least one of them. I'm not scared of dogs, so always get p*ssed off with owners saying "don't worry they won't hurt you", whereas what I really want them to appreciate is that I haven't come out to interact with their little fluffy darlings and have no wish to get to know them better, My wish is that they could control them better and not praise them when they ignore them and carry on barking.
I do appreciate there are some lovely dogs/owners and am truly amazed at just how superbly they can behave/perform when trained properly.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yikes ๐Ÿ˜ณ.
Yes always been ok but as you say c

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Last week when I was out I saw a adult deer - I did, I did, I did!! :D(y)
It was about 20 yards away, walking through undergrowth in woodland.
Problem was I was in full flight, saw the deer, looked to my trail to make sure I wasn't about to headplant in a tree, looked back to the deer which had utterly and completely disappeared. I slowed right down and scanned carefully - nothing.... so, no pic - soz ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes always been ok but as you say sometimes its best to stop. I scared a lab last year coming fast towards it the owner was so apologetic i was embarrassed but i said no i was the prick for going so fast. Theres a Border Collie goes mental with all bikes it needs a slap. Nearly hit a horse on a single track many moons ago always carefull nowadays. I wouldn't want to hurt anything could be a bairn .

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Last week when I was out I saw a adult deer - I did, I did, I did!! :D(y)
It was about 20 yards away, walking through undergrowth in woodland.
Problem was I was in full flight, saw the deer, looked to my trail to make sure I wasn't about to headplant in a tree, looked back to the deer which had utterly and completely disappeared. I slowed right down and scanned carefully - nothing.... so, no pic - soz ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Came across a tiny bambi in middle of track once didnt stop as someone once said it puts the mother off if you go near them ? . I returned an hour later to make sure it was ok but not there so presume all was well . Its when you see the eyes staring out of the trees in the dark its scary could be anything even a mad axeman.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Came across a tiny bambi in middle of track once didnt stop as someone once said it puts the mother off if you go near them ? . I returned an hour later to make sure it was ok but not there so presume all was well . Its when you see the eyes staring out of the trees in the dark its scary could be anything even a mad axeman.
Oooohhhh them mad axemen ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
Watched the follow up to The Shining last night, Dr Sleep with Ewan McGregor - worth a watch. 3 hours though.
Jack Nicholson, axe maestro ๐Ÿ‘

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Oooohhhh them mad axemen ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
Watched the follow up to The Shining last night, Dr Sleep with Ewan McGregor - worth a watch. 3 hours though.
Jack Nicholson, axe maestro ๐Ÿ‘
Haha read The Shining read book a long time ago great movie. Never tried Dr Sleep got poor review but i may have a look. Reading The Stand just now not impressed 1300 pages im sticking it out . Mad axemen are lycra clad roadies who were run over by cars for riding two abreast and hang about woods hunting Ebikers. Throw a mince pie at them the run like Billyo . Remember it's Saturday night whisky time.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Apparently these are Canadian trail dogs. I accidentally rode between them, then turned around for the pic.
8B1A011C-4859-4258-A569-36C29CC9C1C4.jpeg

This is a rare sighting but he actually took flight to the next tree 30โ€™ away. We hear their hoots usually but they are so quiet when they glide.
4249C860-23BE-4CE5-85BD-4475A5C27A69.jpeg

I get the message here.
3D476507-A302-42F5-8AB9-44267B5FEFB2.jpeg

1871A1D8-7B10-4E57-A12E-F32623FAB806.jpeg

5B5C71F0-BDEA-4E8B-8D85-765286A63FD9.jpeg

4B85211A-0E60-49E9-B62F-890420C355BD.jpeg

953FBD64-793E-4B86-82F1-F0E200321F8B.jpeg

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
Wolves have been re-introduced to a small enclosed parcel of land in the Highlands of Scotland I believe...

Not yet, a guy keeps asking for permission but doesn't get it.

A great read is from this, erm, removals company:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles