Trail Centre: Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire, UK

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Filled up with fuel last night. Waterproofs ready! Just need to try and get these Nobby Nic fitted before tomorrow! May just end up leaving the Maxxis tyres on for now and living dangerously... ?

The slippiest damp section I mentioned earlier in this thread was the canyon through Worry Gill, which is a black trail and if we do Medusa (red) instead we won’t be going that way, so your worn Maxxis’ should be fine

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Suggestion
We could split temporarily, You go down Worry Gill, I could stick to the red via Medusa Drop, folk go with whichever group they are comfortable with. We all meet back up where they come back together (at the bridge at the foot of Medusa)

I have woken up with a stinking cold this morning (tested, not Covid), hopefully won't deteriorate too much before tomorrow.
Wife thinks I am nuts

I’m easy and can go whichever way. I actually think the canyon (black) is an easier route than Medusa (red) as its just a straight rocky fast section, can be slippery when wet though

The problem with taking the canyon is that you miss out on post 17 which has a few nice fast drops & berms, and of course Medusa’s

I was planning on taking the canyon route followed by the black climb back up to Medusa for those that wanted to do a few extra miles after we’ve finished the red, but as I said I’m easy and can do whatever

Hope your cold is better in the morning, you probably are mad :)

drewbirks

Apr 28, 2020
East Yorkshire
I’m easy and can go whichever way. I actually think the canyon (black) is an easier route than Medusa (red) as its just a straight rocky fast section, can be slippery when wet though

The problem with taking the canyon is that you miss out on post 17 which has a few nice fast drops & berms, and of course Medusa’s

I was planning on taking the canyon route followed by the black climb back up to Medusa for those that wanted to do a few extra miles after we’ve finished the red, but as I said I’m easy and can do whatever

Hope your cold is better in the morning, you probably are mad :)
Looks like I need to put my range extender on :)

E150rob

Jul 14, 2021
Teeside
Well gentlemen I'm not going to lie to you all, been persuaded to get on the ale and can't see me being too clever at 7am to get my bike sorted. But miracles can happen...

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
for the sake of my sanity in the morning can someone please confirm the parking/meeting location and preferably some noticeable car/bike combos. I should be easily enough found in this (obviously looking a lot worse for wear..the car that is). aiming to arrive between 9:30 and 9:45.

1633113413747.png

given my disdain towards the A1 (70-56-70-56-70-56-70-56) i'll probably just go up the m1
1633113713341.png

Last edited:

E150rob

Jul 14, 2021
Teeside
for the sake of my sanity in the morning can someone please confirm the parking/meeting location and preferably some noticeable car/bike combos. I should be easily enough found in this (obviously looking a lot worse for wear..the car that is)

View attachment 72881

given my disdain towards the A1 (70-56-70-56-70-56-70-56) i'll probably just go up the m1
View attachment 72882
? What a beauty!! As I've just said I'm out on the razzle now but if I make it ill be in this grey bmw with the e150rs on the back...
IMG_20210718_102632.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I just googled "Navigate to Dixons Hollow , Dalby" ..and it seems to know where we are going ..
It's the blind leading the blind me giving any advice ..but if you see someone else looking lost in a White Audi A6 Allroad ..that will be me ..Moss green Whyte e160 rs..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
for the sake of my sanity in the morning can someone please confirm the parking/meeting location and preferably some noticeable car/bike combos. I should be easily enough found in this (obviously looking a lot worse for wear..the car that is). aiming to arrive between 9:30 and 9:45.

View attachment 72881

View attachment 72882

Evening @Rahr85

I posted a google map link earlier in this thread, but you need to head to the Adderstone Field / Dixon’s Hollow car park, it’s about 5/6 miles into the forest from the visitor centre

look out for my orange X1

Here’s a link again for the place we’re meeting

Adderstone Field

Last edited:

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Sorry guys, not been feeling well for a few days - was hoping to be better but it looks unlikely

Don't wait for me - if I wake up and feel good I'll pop along, but otherwise assume I'm out

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Thanks for organising the ride. Good to put some faces to names.The weather was kind to us.

Dalby is a strange one. Quite a lot of ascent but most of the descending is at quite a moderate angle or slow with switch backs. Lots of pedalling close to the assistance cut off without any reason to struggle above it.

But those downsides are more of an issue with heavy grippy tyres than the trails themselves. I used 69% of battery with a mix of tour+ and emtb.

A few technical sections that sort of came out of nowhere.

Once ive reviewed the go pro footage I'll try chopping something together. I took zero pictures.

Thanks again for the ride ?

Edit: should probably have put more effort in
Screenshot_20211002-170455.png
1633190908795.png

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
..yeah ..cheers for that Rahr ..?☺..
I would like to say that I only do it for the craic ..one comedy fall per ride ..but then I would be lying through my teeth ?.
Could I also add my thanks to TG & L for organising the ride.. ably assisted on the day by the other local lads Drew & K5 ..
Great to meet some new faces in the aforementioned Kilham, Rahr & that bloody newbie Stu ?( the man knows how to ride though!) ..that only leaves Tony who I havent mentioned yet ..good to see you again friend ..I think ..but I will reserve full judgement until after the video footage ..
I'm loving these group rides and while meeting up every week would be totally impractical..I am looking forward to the next one ..who wants to suggest something ?
Finally ..as a Dalby virgin ..I thought she performed beyond expectations ..definitely to be revisited .
Commiserations to the guys who couldn't get there ..especially The EMF who was really looking forward to it ..but sometimes shit happens ..
Cheers all..
Oh ..nearly forgot ..other than my breakfast snap..that ( you will be relieved to hear ) was the only pic I took ..?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles