Trail Centre: Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire, UK

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I shall now change my status to: Going if i can fill the tank with fuel by friday, the weather can do whatever it likes.
Looks OK according to the Met Office
Screenshot_20210928-202046_Met Office.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Oh another thing to add, there’s bugger all phone signal in most of Dalby but I do get a faint signal at Dixons Hollow (Vodafone), so if anyone is running late or has last minute cancellations, just message me on here and I should pick it up ok ??

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Last time I parked in Adderstone Field was for a Rick Astley concert , before that it was Will Young….

no, they were good honest ?

I think I’m gonna leave right now ? ? Sorry

I’ve never actually been to one of the summer gigs at Dalby, but we did go to see Tom Jones at the Open Air Theatre in Scarborough just for a laugh and only because we were offered tickets for a tenner ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
We went to York races one year with Sir Tom doing a concert in the evening. Twat didn’t turn up because thunderstorms grounded his chopper (helicopter)

But Jose Carreras and KiriTe Kanawa were brilliant at Scarborough on the reopening night, brilliant night

Probably for the best that you missed Tom ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Had tickets for the re-arranged Genesis concert in Newcastle on Thursday evening, but the immovable work commitment got in the way.
The tickets have gone

We bought tickets for Bicep (electronic duo) and Nitin Sawhney prior to Covid and the dates & venues have been rearranged so many times since that I have no idea when or where we’re meant to going! Probably already missed them

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Aiming for a 10am start but appreciate quite a few of you have long journeys so might just roll around the car park pulling wheelies whilst waiting

If the fuel situation doesn’t get any better by Friday then we could postpone and arrange for another time in the near future ?

Oh and don’t forget your flasks & pack-ups!

Willing to pay for anyone who can teach me how to wheelie a damn emtb lol

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Had tickets for the re-arranged Genesis concert in Newcastle on Thursday evening, but the immovable work commitment got in the way.
The tickets have gone
Now you are talking ..
I first saw Genesis when they supported Lindisfarne at a Christmas gig in The City Hall, Newcastle ..Foxtrot had just been released ..loved them in the Peter Gabriel era and saw every tour ..the highlight being "The Lamb" tour..lost interest a good bit when they became a Phil Collins backing group ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Anyone looking for a Whyte E180rs ..Team Cycles( Gateshead ) have one in stock (another Whyte bike got delivered while I was there..non too gently dropped by the courier )..
0% credit available ..

Stu McSender

Sep 28, 2021
Doncaster
Right then, so far we have:

@Tubby G (that’s me) + 1
@The EMF
@The Hodge
@Tonybro
@Rahr85
@Kilham5
@emtbPhil
@E150rob
@drewbirks ?

@The Hodge , you were going to see if Jaco and @philmedomsley are interested, have you heard anything ?

BBC weather app currently has a very wet forecast for the next 10 days here in North Yorkshire, including today, but I’m looking out of my window and it’s just a bit grey with occasional light rain, so can’t really say how it’ll be on the day. If it does rain continuously, just expect a few puddles, but there isn’t any thick mud or slosh to roll through

There’s toilets at the visitors centre, then again a small block about 3 miles further up Dalby Forest Drive next to the lake, and then Dixons Hollow car park has a few portaloos. There’s plenty of trees in the forest though!

As you arrive you’ll be welcomed by a barrier blocking the entrance. Just sit and wait for what feels like a lifetime and it will eventually lift up and let you in. There’s number plate recognition so you don’t have to pay until you leave. You can either pay on your way out at the gates, or there’s a machine at the main visitors centre car park

I’ll be parked in Dixons Hollow / Adderstone Field car park in a bright orange X1. There’s actually three car parks in this area, I’ll be in the largest one and I’ll make sure I park where you can see my car from the main drive. It’s the first car park entrance on the left hand side as you drive up the main forest road and signage for Dixons Hollow bike park opposite are quite obvious (sometimes they open a gate at the bottom end of Adderstone Field which is around 200 yds before the entrance I’m talking about - ignore that one!)

If there’s anything else you need to know just ask
@Tonybro invited me to join you all on Saturday, Hope you dont mind a newbie to Emtb tagging along.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Welcome aboard @Stu McSender . I hope Dalby doesn’t disappoint. It’s not gnarly or difficult, just a long (21 mile) XC pedal through the forest with a handful of features and a couple of tricky sections. Some people love it for its peaceful & tranquil setting with great loamy soil, many of the younger generation hate it as it has no large jumps, gaps or fast downhill!

Stu McSender

Sep 28, 2021
Doncaster
Only a newbie to the forum! He's a Downhiller by MTB trade! (setting you up big time, Stu!) :)
Welcome aboard @Stu McSender . I hope Dalby doesn’t disappoint. It’s not gnarly or difficult, just a long (21 mile) XC pedal through the forest with a handful of features and a couple of tricky sections. Some people love it for its peaceful & tranquil setting with great loamy soil, many of the younger generation hate it as it has no large jumps, gaps or fast downhill!
Thanks for the welcome, I have raced and ridden Dalby a fair bit over the last few decades. The trails have a mixed of all sorts to go at and it is Marmite to many who ride it.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Filled up with fuel last night. Waterproofs ready! Just need to try and get these Nobby Nic fitted before tomorrow! May just end up leaving the Maxxis tyres on for now and living dangerously... ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles