Trail Animals

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Not yet, a guy keeps asking for permission but doesn't get it.

A great read is from this, erm, removals company:

I understand there is a wolf at large in the Glasgow area................................ a stonedwolf!

Driller_AU

Mar 24, 2021
Australia
I have really come across many of Australian bad boys just a few snakes but wifey got this one

IMG_9652001.jpg

Kilham5

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
It must have been, it accepted a piece of a "Greggs" pasty

Also UK's only venomous snake makes the mistake of basking in the middle of a fire road.

IMG_1300.JPG

Edit: not actually the only one... otherwise they would be now extinct... the only species "adder"

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Technically speaking this is a terrible photo as I had to use digital zoom on my phone (🤮) but considering I'm in the UK and this was the middle of the day I think the subject is pretty cool.

Uncropped:
20220703_112315 (1)2.jpg

And cropped. He stared at me for a good few minutes and stayed absolutely dead still with his eyes just above the grass an didn't move a muscle, I assume he watched my ride away again before moving:
20220703_112315.jpg

RustyIron

Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
This one is probably a male, because the females tend to stay in their nests, waiting for suitors to come calling. Their mating season lasts until the end of October… so this guy better make his move if he’s going to get any poon in 2022. The females can live up to 25 years. The males, on the other hand, generally live for about eight years. Their short lifespan can be attributed to napping in the middle of the trail, or by lingering too long in the nest after the lady is finished having her way with him.... not unlike humans.

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
Since we ride in different areas we must occasionally run across some sort of wildlife. Getting that camera out fast enough or riding away for your life can be an experience. Whether it’s a trail dog, Elk, insect, etc… or a footprint made by Sasquatch, post that pic.
View attachment 81106 View attachment 81107 View attachment 81108

Our big animals are coyotes, bobcats, and deer. The biggest are mountain lions and bears. Here are a few pics of the little ones.

Rattler
View attachment 81144

Nevermore
View attachment 81145

Venomous European Invader (both the flower AND the bee)
View attachment 81146

I about pooped my pants when I saw this in the grass
View attachment 81147

Creepy Crawlie
View attachment 81148

Baby Horny Toad
View attachment 81149
We missed the dinosaur that crossed Dino Cliffs Trail, Saint George Utah by sixty million years....Of course the dinosaur has right of way.

IMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

IMG_2936.JPG

Big Tom Turkey at Mount Diablo State Park
IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

Black Star Canyon Bobcat

IMG_8182 (2a).jpg

El Moro Canyon rattlesnake having a bite to eat.

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

Without a doubt, the scariest animal I've every encountered on a trail is the Southern California species of Sierra Club hiker, known as "Karen."

maxresdefault.jpg

Mountain Bike Bobo has done a video documenting his encounter:

Wahoo!!!!

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
This one was fairly easy to approach and kinda friendly. Sometimes found in packs but also hike alone. Variety of colours too.

IMG_6602.jpeg

It’s the ones wearing a white headband and running up a well used MTB trail that can be a danger. I’ve had one very bad and painful encounter with one. 😲🤕

RustyIron

Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
The most dangerous animal of all is the Southern California Trail Cougar. Rarely will you hear them approaching. One moment you'll be happily shredding the gnar. Without warning, , the Trail Cougar will appear out of nowhere, fixing her gaze upon you, and the next thing you know you'll find yourself upside down in the air with your bike headed straight for you.

Hiking_27.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I often see slow worms basking in the sunshine in the middle of the trail. As my partner rides behind me, at the end of the trail I say ‘ did you see and hop over that slow worm?’ , ‘what slow worm’ she says , ‘the obviously now squished and dead slow worm’ I respond

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
We missed the dinosaur that crossed Dino Cliffs Trail, Saint George Utah by sixty million years....Of course the dinosaur has right of way.

View attachment 126383

View attachment 126384

View attachment 126385

Big Tom Turkey at Mount Diablo State Park
View attachment 126387

View attachment 126388

Black Star Canyon Bobcat

View attachment 126389

El Moro Canyon rattlesnake having a bite to eat.

View attachment 126391

View attachment 126390

Without a doubt, the scariest animal I've every encountered on a trail is the Southern California species of Sierra Club hiker, known as "Karen."

View attachment 126392

Mountain Bike Bobo has done a video documenting his encounter:

Wahoo!!!!
That footprint is amazing! be great to take a cast of it and have it in your cave.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles