Tow bar Bike rack for XL Giant Trance E+

Belsyde

Mar 21, 2024
Scotland
Any advice welcome. I have the above bike its wheelbase is 1300mm 2.6 tyres. I am going to get a tow bar fitted and wonder what those in the know would recommend for a bike rack. it will only ever be 0ne bike, cost, fitting and security are the main drivers.

Thanks for any thoughts

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I'm using a Buzzrack, it ticks boxes. its not the best but its far better value and fit than the far more expensive Thule.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Ive got a Pole Voima K4 (its huge - 1368mm wheelbase) fits on the Thule Xt2 easyfold (needs the longer wheel straps) and the Atera strada ebike xl 2 bike carrier. The Atera is quite a bit cheaper, actually fits the wheelbase better with less wheel overhang than the Thule and takes 2 ebikes on it no problem (not quite as rigid as the Thule though and bit of a pain to store as it doesn't fold). I'd done a couple of Alps runs with the Thule so 10hrs at 80mph with 2 bikes on no issues. The Thule towball clamp system is simpler than the Atera but mine did develop an issue after a couple of yrs (replaced it with the Atera).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles