Tour+ mode

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Will be putting bike into lbs before my 2 yr warranty expires... Is it worth having the latest software installed at the same time... What does everyone think of the new tour+

carlton

Sep 6, 2021
Wokingham
I've had Tour+ for a couple of months. I find it does exactly what you'd expect, switching to the right mode for the moment. I never switch modes manually these days. Initially when I got the upgrade, my display was a Purion. After about a month I got a Nyon fitted. Neither of them actually display Tour+ , just Tour, so don't expect the display to change if you get the upgrade done.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
With tour+ enabled do you still have e mtb...if so isn't this the same thing.
This should answer your questions .. there's even graph's ! :)

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I had tour+ mode installed a while ago, and now having used it for quite a while I think I preferred the old tour mode.

Hard to explain why I prefer the old tour mode, but I think it because whilst tour+ does give you automatically varying assistance from eco levels all the way up to turbo levels, it takes a lot of power input from you to get access to the higher levels of support. It likes to stay in the lower levels of assistance - which I guess is what those graphs in the thread above show.

it not a big deal and I wont get it switched back to tour (mainly because I cant be bothered to go back to the dealer), but I think I did prefer the old tour mode.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Tour+ gives more support but drains significative more juice . Unfortunately user cannot change from Tour to Tour+ or vice versa. For longer rides Tour mode could be a good choice/option in the pocket to extend range.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
This should answer your questions .. there's even graph's ! :)

Cheers zimmerframe....i had done a quick search but hadn't found this thread, not sure I need it but also like dicking about with how these different things feel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles