Bosch old version with tour vs tour+ mode

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Done first ride with my new bike with smart system . We ride in a group of 2 bikes with previous system with 625 wh battery against 2 bikes with 750wh and new smart system . For our surprise both riders with the new system drained mutch more juice than the other rideres dispite a larger battery. average 50% of 625wh against 60% of 750wh. Wondering why? Is the tour mode against Tour+ that is more powerfull ? Experiences out there?
My ride: total 48Km / 9Km EMTB / 25 Km Tour+ / 14 Km ECO.

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
Interesting, just as I thought I had made a mistake buying a new eMTB with a 625 battery a few months ago and the release of the new 750 batterys for 2022.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´ve asked and I´m responding :alien:
Tour mode provides 140% "flat" suport and 50nm max torque.
Tour+ mode " 60 to 360% suport and 85nm max torque.
Unfortunately user can´t select /change from Tour to Tour+ or vice versa , or adjust Tour+ (only Tour) .
C´mon Bosch !!...:eek::LOL:🥶

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I´ve asked and I´m responding :alien:
Tour mode provides 140% "flat" suport and 50nm max torque.
Tour+ mode " 60 to 360% suport and 85nm max torque.
Unfortunately user can´t select /change from Tour to Tour+ or vice versa , or adjust Tour+ (only Tour) .
C´mon Bosch !!...:eek::LOL:🥶
A user of the new Bosch Smart could probably make a custom Eco mode that could closely replicate the original Tour mode, by configuring the app and setting the max torque to 50Nm

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
The biggest differentiator is likely to be the people riding the bikes. are the people on the new smart system bikes significantly heavier than those on the old bosch bikes?

I have the 'old' bosch system, but with tour+ mode installed , and tour+ will typically get me more range than the old tour mode did. Although the new tour+ mode cant beat what I could achieve with a combination of manually switching between eco and the old tour mode.

Lots of variables at play here -, could be heavier riders on the new bikes , riders putting out less power on the old bikes (or more power on the new ones), different use of the various modes etc.

I'd be surprised if the new bosch system was substantially more power hungry than the old one, its the same motor (albeit different wiring loom) isnt it?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I'd be surprised if the new bosch system was substantially more power hungry than the old one, its the same motor (albeit different wiring loom) isnt it?
depends what the system is being asked to do..........tracking a ride whether by using an inbuilt GPS or maintaining a blutooth link to a phone/other device will use power.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Moved from lightweight Focus jam,Shimano steps 8000 motor, 325 battery which gave me approx 35 miles off/eco/trail on my local trails to a Ries& Muller Delight Mountain , Bosch CX, 650 battery, Rollhof gears and Belt drive ...if I ride carefully I can get up to 40 miles BUT hardly use OFF and although I try to keep in ECO find myself using Tour and EMTB much more frequently It all come down to weight and drag in the system and because the CX is more powerful it drinks more battery life so we are back to sq one .....could have saved myself a lot of £££££££££££££££s
So The range is hardly improved , the weight has increased BUT post ride cleaning is a doddle and no replacement Cassettes or chains .
miss my Focus ??:censored:

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Moved from lightweight Focus jam,Shimano steps 8000 motor, 325 battery which gave me approx 35 miles off/eco/trail on my local trails to a Ries& Muller Delight Mountain , Bosch CX, 650 battery, Rollhof gears and Belt drive ...if I ride carefully I can get up to 40 miles BUT hardly use OFF and although I try to keep in ECO find myself using Tour and EMTB much more frequently It all come down to weight and drag in the system and because the CX is more powerful it drinks more battery life so we are back to sq one .....could have saved myself a lot of £££££££££££££££s
So The range is hardly improved , the weight has increased BUT post ride cleaning is a doddle and no replacement Cassettes or chains .
miss my Focus ??:censored:
How much does that thing weigh ?

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
ECO works better in high cadence.

There is no drag in CX, it's your bike's weight and tires.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
My Trek Rail with Minion DHR + DHF is totally different bike when set the tire pressure to 2,2bar. The purion shows around 120km range in ECO-mode when I ride the gravelroads in winter or summertime. I have 625wh battery and 150/160mm suspension.

The drag you can feel when you take the chain off and rotate the cranks. It's almost non-existent.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles