Will updating to 1.1.5.0 automatically change to tour+?

Calamity

Sep 23, 2020
Norway
Hi,
My display has been bugging me to install new firmware, but I don't know if it is for Kiox or the drive unit. I have 4.0.2.0 and 1.1.2.0 and would like to keep normal tour mode.
I'm talking about just doing the update at home via phone, not go to the dealer. Or would updating just update the Kiox firmware?
Thanks!

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I didn't want the tour+ mode so I just got my dealer to keep tour mode instead, I didn't think you could do those firmware update via phone?? If you do it by phone I'm sure it only updates the kiox 🤟

Calamity

Sep 23, 2020
Norway
I didn't want the tour+ mode so I just got my dealer to keep tour mode instead, I didn't think you could do those firmware update via phone?? If you do it by phone I'm sure it only updates the kiox 🤟
Ok then its probably only the Kiox. Thanks!

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
I'm guessing from the 1.1.2.0 firmware you have the non smart system on your bike (pre 2022) with the original Kiox display.
Unfortunately this is a dealer only firmware update, you can't do it from your phone.
The app/Kiox is probably just telling you that an update is available.

If you decide to update, just tell your dealer that you want to retain Tour mode and not to change to Tour+

It is just an option presented when the bike is connected to the software
Any component that has an update available will be updated, you can't pick and choose which parts get done.

HTH

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles