Tools needed

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Just waiting on the bike arriving.
Can anyone confirm the part numbers of the tools needed to take the crank arms off and the chainring tightening tool?
Thanks

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Halfords sell a torque wrench 1/4 drive (size of the sockets that fit on it) for bicycles for 40 quid that comes with almost every socket you will ever need.

Only goes 2nm to 24nm though and some bolts will need more than that.
The sockets with it are
allen keys 3mm 4mm 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm
Also comes with a longer version of the 5mm allen key socket that I think is 88mm long

torx T15 T20 and T25
Which will do virtually every bolt on your bike.

Pedals need around 35nm though and crank arms usually 35-45, you can either do them by feel or get a separate torque wrench for the higher torque bolts

lockring tool
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's this one, most the reviews says it fits Bosch gen4, although one claims it doesn't.

Lockring Tool,Bottom Bracket Cup Tool 8 Notch Front Chainring Lockring Remover Installer,Bicycle Crank Remover Bottom Bracket Shaft Repair Tool (forum eats my amazon links just search the name)

That needs a 32mm socket or a spanner, I'd try to find a socket for a 1/4 torque wrench if you buy the halfwords torque I linked above

extractor tool you need for taking the cranks off is

Park Tool CCP-4.4 Crank Puller For Pipe Billet Spindles Tool (same again forum ate the amazon link)​

Lockrings are supposed to be one use btw and you will want some blue lock tight if you want to stop it coming loose.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles